“Awesome cooking class!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Green Chili

Green Chili
Ranked #169 of 732 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Mexican
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Awesome cooking class!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Nice restaurant, good atmosphere and a fantastic cooking class led by chef kahn and translater mr. T! Made springrolls, seafood curry and fish with lemongrass in bananaleafs! kitchen is big and very clean! Very recommendable! 22 dollars pp..

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Newcastle, Australia
“The Gem of Hoi An”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I ate at Green Chilli in a large group as organised by our tour guide. From the moment we walked in there was a great energy.
Nando, the owner/head chef, introduced himself and described the menu, in the process showing us some of the beautiful fresh produce. He had worked in Milan for a few years so there is an Italian influence on the menu but there is still a very good Vietnamese menu.
Nando took our order himself. I had beautiful Vietnamese spring rolls for entree and asked his suggestion for my main. I can't remember the name of the dish but it was with a thicker style rice noodle that are apparently a specialty in Hoi An. I chose to have it with seafood, it was beautiful and fresh, the prawns were the biggest I've ever seen. It was amazing! The flavours were so perfectly balanced, a few of my group also tasted my meal and were amazed, so much so that one of the girls was back in the area a week later and went there just to order the meal I'd had. A lot of the group chose from the pasta and pizza menu. All of the portions were very generous and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal. Everyone left raving about their meal, for 34 people that's a pretty good wrap!
I could not fault Green Chilli, the service and food were the best I had in Vietnam. Might I also point out that I'm coeliac and lactose intolerant so the good was amazing on that level too!

Oslo, Norway
“oh yes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

after a couple of close-calls i ended up here, and am I glad:-)
no noisy music and nice personel.

extreemely good woton soup and the grilled duck was also a 5'r:-)
i didnt really taste the chili before after i was done, in a good way:-)

you can sit outside and watch the japaneese bridge, if you want to :-)

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank IWentToValhalla
London, United Kingdom
“Really quite rubbish”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Ate here because mango rooms was shut for tet. From the outside it looks nice but menu is really bland and boring. Heavily westernised. I ordered a burger to be safe and got a club sandwich. Chef was wandering around the restaurant - I thought he needed to be in the kitchen. Over priced for the quality and wouldn't go back.

Nanjing, China
“Mediocre at best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Service was seriously hindered by the large tour group while we were there, and even when served the waitress could not have appeared more disinterested if she had tried! Ok food, with an emphasis on mediocre western food.
We sat upstairs which was bland and inspiring.
On the plus side my 3 year old gobbled the chicken and cashew stir fry down quicker than any other meal in Vietnam.

• 3 of 5 bubbles