All reviewslily ponda minute cab ridecool downhot waterda nang airportthe hustle and bustlecua dai beachbikespagodatownretreatmarketcountrysideriver
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Villa Hoa Su Frangipani has only 5 or 6 rooms, making this place nice and quiet, and a perfect place to relax. We used the airport transfer option which was comfortable and efficient from Danang airport. The staff are friendly and are there to help when you need anything. The entire surroundings within the villas is amazing.....it is a tropical paradise, completely surrounded by a massive fish pond and beautiful tropical gardens. The pool area is beautiful and a refreshing place to relax with a drink or two after a days shopping/sightseeing in Hoi An town (5 minutes by taxi, or 15-20 mins by bicycle). A complimentary breakfast is included with the room rate, it is basic, but ample. Be advised that the villas does not have a restuarant, and food is not available unless it is organised the day before (they will do dinner or lunch) Overall a beautiful place, and would return again when in Hoi An.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2011

What a find! Our driver was going in and out of roads, and we finally reached the villa! It's only small with about 5 rooms, but what an amazing breakfast area, and pool!

Rooms are not as modern as you'd see in the photos, and if you are sharing with a friend, or in my case, a brother, they do not offer twin rooms, and will charge for the extra bed. The shower and toilet doors are only frosted, and the windows are see-through to the outside bath...make sure the windows are closed so the mosqitoes don't come in! Also, the water from having a shower does not drain properly - make sure you wear flip flops! Beds were hard, but that's the same with all hotels in Asia.

Breakfast is really simple, and try to arrange the time in advance with reception. Although, this can be a little slow...we were kind of stressing the day we had to fly out.

The location of the villa is good and bad. There are bicycles free for hire to ride out to town, but in the heat and 100% humidity in May, this was not possible!!! Reception can easily call out a taxi to collect you, and within 5-10 minutes, you're in the heart of Hoi An.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank bel80
Reviewed October 29, 2011

We were picked up at Da Nang airport and on approaching the villas we were really nervous about how far it appeared to be from town.....but we shouldn't have been, this place was great! It is located a good 10min bike ride from the centre of Hoi an, but the bikes are available free of charge and taxis are plentiful if you don't want to brace the roads or it rains. The villa itself if beautiful, the rooms are gorgeous and the pool is just divine. Service was also great, though it was unclear if it was possible to just sit and have a drink in the evening...there is no bar as such and it wasn't until the last day I noticed bottles behind the reception which indicate that they might serve drinks if you ask for them. to be fair, we didn't ask, but it could definitely be clearer what services are or are not available. In the same vein it also didn't appear to be possible to get lunch at the villa, and dinner was only available if you let them know in the morning. It is fair enough in a way as they pick up the ingredients fresh from the market, but at the same time I like keeping my options open so as a result I didn't eat at the villa at all, though I heard from other guests that the food is very good. Breakfast was certainly well executed and you are given a choice between a conventional continental breakfast or a vietnamese one. They are aiming for a family feel to the villa and they definitely succeed...it is not like staying at a conventional hotel. The service is very friendly and the surroundings sublime...as an alternative to some of the more mainstream hotels in town this place is great...we loved it, but if you are looking for all the conveniences of a normal hotel then this may not be the place for you.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank FiTravels78
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I feel like I should apologise in advance for giving this an 'average' rating. It was the place I was most looking forward to staying in but it just didnt really meet my expectations.

First of all the grounds are amazing as is the pool, truely worthy of five stars. The room itself looks amazing at first glance but upon finer inspection the place could have done with a good clean. The toilet smelt, the plug in the outdoor bath didnt work, snails on the inside net curtains and plenty of others in the bath area ouside (not that I mind so much about the others on the outside, but others might). A lizard by the bed (again didnt bother me), water stopped working when having a shower in the morning. Hot water tank was very small.

My biggest gripe though was just being shown to the room upon check in with no explanation about the place, what time breakfast was or even if it was included, how to get into town (it is a reasonable distance away), no mention about minibar which only had two bottles of water and two cans of coke. We mistakenly assumed the water is complimentary as it was for every other hotel in our trip but alas no.

Dont get me wrong, there is nothing fundamentally problematic here, I just felt it was rather unpolished and could have been so much better than it was.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lloyd B
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Loved this small family run hotel!
Very relaxing and just a short taxi ride out of town. The gardens and pool/pavillion area were amazing. Rooms were very nice with indoor and outdoor bathrooms (although they could have done with a bit more of a thorough cleaning but linen and towels were clean).
Would definately stay there again if we returned to Hoi An.
Thanks Mr Bond for a wonderful stay!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple