le belhamy resort & spa
$102
$67
Travelocity
1,023 results
All reviewsprivate poolshuttle busbeachfront villafamily villacoconut treesgarden roomtennis courtsda nangevery morningrestaurant staffhoi an ancient townshuttle servicespecial thanksmarble mountainbeautiful gardenbuffet breakfasta lovely stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We went to Le Belhamy because we needed some time at the beach after Da Lat and Hue.

We rented a pool villa with private pool and room for 7. The villas are located a 1 minute walk from the beach. I would say that the beach, which is pretty clean is the main draw here. This time of year however it is not a beach where you would swim out, but you can stand in the waves and hope that the strong current does not take you away. They had 3-5 Lifeguard on duty, but everyday they put up the red flag and seemed to sleep the day away. I cant blame them, its a nice place to sleep, but somehow I do not like to see sleeping staff while looking at my 220 USD pr night room bill.

Breakfast was OK, but if you ordered anything for lunch or dinner expect to pay 3-4x normal price. So go to Hoi An instead.

The general maintenance of this place is OK, but as you can read in quite a few reviews in a lot of places it is worn down in a lot of places. Tiles missing, scratches on wood, towels that should have been replaced years ago etc.

Its a resort so they have spa service, massage etc. Price of this is 7-8 times as much as f.ex. Saigon on the street. Sure you have the beach to look at while getting a massage.

When checking in at this place you are a guest who they expect to pay your bill. And thats it. Dont expect any extraordinary service, help or too many friendly smiles.

Hoi An is 10 mins away by taxi or VND 110.000. Or you can use the Hotel Shuttle which runs every three hours or so (if they feel like it). It was sometimes a bit erratic.

We had an OK time, but we are not going back here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Redspring
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed here in one week with my family and I ready to enjoyed so much.Nice beach with cleaning environment.I came to Nam Dinh restaurant and leaning cooking class with very good local chef.The staff was friendly, Restaurant is very nice decoration with french style.Buffet breakfast was good with many thing to choose.The Spa was good with body massage.Thanks and I will come back for sure!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank erikla85nt
Reviewed October 12, 2012

. We relied on the TA reviews to make a decision to stay and thought that because there were far more good reviews than bad we would find the resort acceptable. However if you have been staying in good quality well managed resorts run by reputable hotel chains then you will not easily tolerate this place. This resort is not managed by a chain

The good: rooms are fine, pools are big enough and beach is OK. The not so good. Everything else is mediocre. The downstairs beds are rock hard. We had to remake beds with sofa cushions for the kids. Other issues were at the beach pools: many broken tiles with unsafe gaps some broken decking with unsafe gaps pool filter caps missing, shards of paint peeling from the shade structures, not a holiday feel.

Management advised that a recent typhoon was the cause of the problems but I believe that to be true only in part.

Also the resort seemed empty so that added to the feeling of decline.

The breakfast set up was unimpressive I have not seen staff sneaking snacks from the buffet before. The gardens need a lot of TLC. When we decided to leave earlier than we had booked the management were helpful and understanding and acknowledged the problems. I wish them luck.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Kneeseko
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This resort is located on a nice quiet stretch of beach about 10 minute drive from central Hoi An. The hotel lays on a regular free shuttle service into town.

We had a nice large room with high ceiling and baloney which overlooked one of the pools, tea/coffee facilities. One very odd thing about the room was the bathroom where you had to walk through the walk in shower to get to the toilet which I thought was very odd.

All in all this a nice resort but there were a few things that stuck out that could be improved if they want to set themselves as a higher end resort. The breakfast which was set up outside could have been a bit more varied. The service around the pool bar was very slow and there was no sign of anyone handing out beach towels (we had to ask one of the lifeguards for one). Reception whilst very friendly offered us a glass warm water when we first arrived after a long drive from Hue, which differed from most other hotels we stayed in Vietnam. Only small things.

It is a nice setting though and the beach is lovely. Didn't try the restaurant.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We're just back from a beautiful stay here at the Belhamy. Frankly if you get great weather all you need is a pool, a beach, a decent room and friendly hosts and Le Belhamy has all of those things - to such an extent that I couldn't not give them 5, but...

This appears very much a family run place and it shows in a good way and a not so good way. Yes, it's incredibly friendly but it's not exactly smoothly run.

In a week there I don't think there was anything that we ordered from the bar that the bar actually stocked. Each time something had to be found. It didn't even have ice behind the bar. On another occasion they said the coffee machine was broken. Cocktails took forever. I asked for salt for my fries one time and I'd all but finished them by the time it arrived.

Though there was a private beach there was no beach drinks service which made no sense at all. Why wouldn't you make a few extra dollars by serving to the beach? In general the bar staff didn't move from the TV at the bar.

Beyond that there were several little things that were just daft. The Chorizo Pizza, as mentioned by an earlier reviewer, has no Chorizo. The woodwork in our room had termites and their crunch woke us up regularly. I had to get a phone replaced in my room, the second phone worked intermittently. My parents had to replace the safe in their room - later when we had to check out the new safe broke too and it took three members of staff sometime to get their passports back.

Breakfasts were good - other meals less so.

The first couple of days the beach was red flagged - despite this five swimming guards lounged by the beach all day. Two days later there was a green flag and no guard to be seen. When people vacated beach loungers no one took away empty drinks or dusted the sand off.

Lovely lovely set up and absolutely gorgeous but if you're the type to get wound up by general clunkiness then you might be better off choosing a more corporate option. We had a lovely time but it wasn't exactly problem free.

Room Tip: We just had a cheap room rather than the expensive cabin style accommodation - it was fine and still very close to the beach.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family