“Learnt a lot! Sunrise Tour - great insight for all aspects! Will do again.”

Hoi An Photo Day Tours & Workshop
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hoi An Photo tour is now strong of over 8 years of experience. For the ones who wish to capture the real Vietnam in non touristy areas and/or learn more about photography, this tour is made for you. Led by a professional photographer, the tour takes you to villages where no other tourists can be seen. The tour includes a photography workshop to learn about all your camera settings, and a composition workshop to work on one's creativity. Capture an amazing sunrise in a fishing village, or rice farmers at sunset, Hoi An Photo Tour is the best way to get a very close up view on Vietnam!Get your best photos of Vietnam and improve your photography skills!
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Etienne was flexible when i needed to change my dates at the last minute, and communication is quick!

Arrived on time at the hotel, made us feel comfortable with a group of about 10 - was still plenty of one-on-one time to learn the things I needed.

Although we were up super early to catch the sunrise, the weather wasnt playing along! But this didn't matter as there were so many other things to focus on, and giving more time to discuss camera settings if we needed the help.
I dont know what the other people in reviews are talking about because there is plenty of time for taking photos! We branch off in different directions and take pictures of what we want, and receive tips along the way.

The people in the villages are accommodating and friendly. The coffee and food was delicious. And really enjoyed the short cycle back into town along the river, ending at Etienne's Studio for some more tea and final chat.

All round great day out, and I'm so glad i did it. Definitely worth it! Will do it again!

Thanks again :)

in 26 reviews
"skill level"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

This has to be one of the best tours in Hoi An!

I went on Etienne's tour for the second time yesterday and enjoyed it just as much as the first time I went about a year ago.

I'm no professional photographer and have attended both tours with my trusty iPhone. Despite being dwarfed but everyone else's grown up cameras, Etienne was full of helpful advice about apps to use and how to get the best out of my phone in many different conditions.

The tour is thoroughly organized and Etienne is a wonderful guide, speaking three languages and engaging us meaningfully with locals from the village we visited and photographed.

You get a real taste of local village life outside of the tourist bustle of Hoi An. For this alone the tour is worth your money!

Couldn't recommend this tour more highly!! For both serious and snap shot photographers alike.

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

I did the sunrise tour with Etienne and I absolutly loved it and had a great time. Everything was well organised and Etienne really knows his stuff. Learned a lot about how to work more efficent w the settings of my camera, how to improve my pictures and also got the opportunity to get a little off the beaten track and see true Hoi An life. Nicely run tour with great photography opportunities. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Had a great morning with a small group lead by Etienne, would recommend this to anyone interested in taking photos of people.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I took the sunrise tour with Etienne and, enjoyed every bit of it, even though I am a complete photo beginner. We went to a number of interesting places making it possible to take lots of great shots (with Etienne always there to share tips). After the briefing and coffee we spent about four hrs together in a few places: we had a beautiful sunrise on the ferry, visited a fisherman village, a fish sauce factory, the harbour and had nice quick breakfast in the village. Everyone seemed to know Etienne - he speaks Vietnamese and is very friendly and supports some of the locals in the village, which I found amazing (always good to see people giving back!). This made the whole experience really nice as we were welcomed with smiles everywhere and people were even posing for us :). In the end we rode bicycles along the river back to town - lovely end to the tour.
I highly recommend this to both pro and complete amateur photographers as it's a lot of fun and let's you see the beautiful Hoi An from a different angle (quite a few angles actually :)!).