“Fun morning...off the beaten path”

Hoi An Photo Day Tours & Workshop
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hoi An Photo tour is now strong of over 8 years of experience. For the ones who wish to capture the real Vietnam in non touristy areas and/or learn more about photography, this tour is made for you. Led by a professional photographer, the tour takes you to villages where no other tourists can be seen. The tour includes a photography workshop to learn about all your camera settings, and a composition workshop to work on one's creativity. Capture an amazing sunrise in a fishing village, or rice farmers at sunset, Hoi An Photo Tour is the best way to get a very close up view on Vietnam!Get your best photos of Vietnam and improve your photography skills!
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Enjoyed this sunrise photo tour with Pieter. Picked up at 5am followed by short drive, coffee, ferry ride (was quite overcast, so unfortunately no sunrise to capture), fish trade, market, a stroll thru the village, lunch, fish sauce factory (tough to tolerate the smells, so opted out after 5 min!), ferry ride, and ended with a bike ride to the old town and tea. I was so excited to take photos of this opportune setting that I didn't really experiment with all my camera settings and ask specific questions. Look forward to checking out the tutorials online. Next time I'm in Hoi An, I'll sign up for the sunset tour! Thanks, Pieter!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We did the sunset tour with Pieter. It was great. We took a nice, fairly short boat ride to a small village outside Hoi An. We waked through the village to photograph the rice paddy fields and the workers then had time to photograph the villagers. The company has a good relationship with the village and they are happy to be photographed though Pieter explained how to make contact and approach people about taking photos - a good thing to learn. He was also very helpful and supportive, suggesting different angels and settings to shoot with- the photos I took here are by far the best of my trip. It was also great to visit a place off the tourist track. We got back to Hoi An after sunset and spent some time learning about shooting at night - I picked up some really useful and easy tips that have vastly improved my pictures. Great value.

1  Thank UKtravellergirl
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I joined this as a semi-professional photographer looking for an opportunity to learn from a more active professional and to discover a part of Hoi An that I would otherwise miss in my wanderings. I was pleasantly engaged by Etienne's sidekick Peter, who lead the relatively small group (a little less than a dozen of us) through the fishing village. The tour covered some photography basics that I felt most of the group was able to learn something from, and I was able to get a few tips as to how to improve my own skills. I couldn't stop thinking how difficult it must be for a community to know there's a tour group coming with a bunch of eager photographers every morning, but the people of the village were exceedingly accommodating, and I will be sending some photographs back to them as a thank you. Some basic techniques for reaching out to subjects also helped me push my limited comfort zone.

Maybe next time I'll go for a workshop.

1  Thank truediarist
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Although I had not a real insight into Photography I learned a lot on this tour . It was especially nice going by boat to a village without ANY TOURISTS (like me, I know) and having the opportunity to photograph almost all the playing kids and the adults as well. Even just seing how the locals really live and work was highly eye -opening.

1  Thank Beate T
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I start by saying I am NOT a photographer, it has never even been a hobby. I was originally coming to Hoi An with my dad who loves photography so found this tour as something he might like. I had a new camera so decided to do it anyway. This was one of the best decisions I have made in recent times. My wife and I loved every second. Pieter was amazing, superlative even. His patience and knowledge were second to none and his dry sense of humour had me cracking up with laughter, though no one else seemed to get it. The groups are small, the village visited in the morning is unbelievable. It's very Vietnam. The bike ride home at the end is a great way to end the morning. I have now "taken control" of my photography and I can see how people get so hooked on it. Instead of taking heaps of happy snaps and hoping for the best I am now taking just few photos that have some thought and technique behind them. You can be a beginner like me or the lady in our group with her iPhone or you can be a good photographer already. You will get a lot out of this. Do yourselves a favour, get up early and do this tour. PLEASE BOOK VIA THE WEBSITE AND NOT AN AGENCY. Some agencies have not passed on people's details to the guys and therefore have not been picked up. I booked via email and it was very easy. Thank you for a wonderful experience Pieter.

2  Thank KiwiMedic