“Be careful who you book with”

Hoi An Photo Day Tours & Workshop
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hoi An Photo tour is now strong of over 8 years of experience. For the ones who wish to capture the real Vietnam in non touristy areas and/or learn more about photography, this tour is made for you. Led by a professional photographer, the tour takes you to villages where no other tourists can be seen. The tour includes a photography workshop to learn about all your camera settings, and a composition workshop to work on one's creativity. Capture an amazing sunrise in a fishing village, or rice farmers at sunset, Hoi An Photo Tour is the best way to get a very close up view on Vietnam!Get your best photos of Vietnam and improve your photography skills!
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I paid the $10 deposit for the tour and received a receipt with all correct details - date, hotel name and time. I got up at 4.30am and waited outside my hotel from 5 - 5.30am and unfortunately no-one from the photo tour turned up as they said they would. I was unable to call the tour group without a phone. It was very disappointing as I was looking forward to this tour. be careful who you book through and double check they have all the details and have given the info to the tour leader.

Niente-hoi-an, General Manager at Hoi An Photo Day Tours & Workshop, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Hello Sophie,
I am sorry to hear what has happened to you and I hope it will not be happening again in the future. Many booking offices in Hoi An are not reliable and I have heard about many similar stories (including offices booking the wrong tour, etc...).

You review is, I feel, a critic towards the booking agent you used, but as you wrote it under Hoi An Photo Tour it is harming the reputation of this tour.

I already have stopped working with few travel agencies in Hoi an (not mentioning names here) and I would appreciate if you could send me a private message with the name of the one who faulted.

Would you please consider removing your review and place it under the write business?

Thanks in advance.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I was surprised and very pleased to stumble across this tour offering and it was perfect. Not only great tutoring but a perfect location off the beaten track to experience Hoi An minus the tourists. If I'd had an extra day I would have done it again!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I booked the Sunrise photography tour and was a bit reluctant about the 5.15am hotel pickup, but it was well worth it! I soon discovered this time was the best to catch the locals in action at the fishing markets. We visited places where we could easily get nice and close to the locals so take some beautiful shots.

I have some experience in using my DSLR but found Etienne's advise extremely practical and useful, he also assisted in showing me shortcuts on my camera, definitely recommended!!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I took the sunrise tour in mid-October. Etienne was great - he taught me how to make the most of the new camera I had just bought. Got some amazing pictures despite (or perhaps because of) the rain. I loved the opportunity to see a side of Vietnam that I would otherwise have missed. The popularity of the tour actually worked in our favour I felt. The locals in the village we used to people with cameras and were very willing to invite us over to take photos. And despite knowing that it is a very popular tour, I still felt like the scenes I was seeing were authentic and not posed to suit tourist cameras, as seems to be the case in other places. Etienne seemed to have a strong understanding about the value of this - I hope he can maintain this balance in the future.

Overall, a wonderful experience that I would definitely recommend regardless of your level of expertise or what type of camera you have. My group consisted of rank amatuers like myself to professional photographers and I think we all took away something positive from the experience.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

As one of the best 'tourist' activities we have done, 4 hours of 1:1 experience with Etienne not only improved both (husband &I) our photos we also had a great exploration of Hoi Anh. There was a great balance of technical information with practical application. Etienne's passion for photography is infectious and he helped us see our holiday snaps in a whole new way! Only complaint was my head spinning at the end of our time with new ideas, information and excitement about taking photos. I am a novice and my husband a far more advanced photographer and we both gained a great deal, Etienne attended to both levels well.