“Looking for great & original pictures of Hanoi's best, that's the tour you need”

Hoi An Photo Day Tours & Workshop
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hoi An Photo tour is now strong of over 8 years of experience. For the ones who wish to capture the real Vietnam in non touristy areas and/or learn more about photography, this tour is made for you. Led by a professional photographer, the tour takes you to villages where no other tourists can be seen. The tour includes a photography workshop to learn about all your camera settings, and a composition workshop to work on one's creativity. Capture an amazing sunrise in a fishing village, or rice farmers at sunset, Hoi An Photo Tour is the best way to get a very close up view on Vietnam!Get your best photos of Vietnam and improve your photography skills!
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The photo tour with Etienne is a great opportunity to get closer with local people and get some great shots without the commercial aspect that is usually imposed in other tours that usually brings you in tourist traps.
This was also a good reminder of the easiest way to adjust main settings of your camera and achieve nice pics in different light conditions.
Several places are visited during this 4:30h tour (fishermen's arrival, local fish sauce factory,...) and the breakfast & coffee stop are included!
Thanks again Etienne and good luck to you and your growing family...

All reviews
in 26 reviews
"skill level"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

I have just finished my second tour with Etienne and just like the fist tour I came away with more photographic knowledge than I started with. For those that think they know everything there is to know about photography he can provide you with the one thing you will never get in a short time in HoiAn, access. For the meager fee he charges the access and the information he imparts is invaluable to anyone that enjoys photography. Apart from his skill and knowledge he is a gentleman and teaches without judgement. Thank you Etienne.

1  Thank Robkevroo
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have always wanted to know more about my camera and how to take better shots and this has given me a headstart and I think more about the composition of my photos now and try to make them more interesting. Etienne was a great teacher and helped each one individually and then told us to go and take photos at the fishing village he had taken us to and came around as we were doing that and showed us how we could improve our shots. Watching the whole scene with the fishing boats coming in and the women haggling for good prices and fish was amazing. We then walked around the village, had breakfast of baguette and coffee, and then back to Hoi An. One of the best tours I have ever done and I am keen to follow Etienne's webpage now so I can keep learning.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Despite not getting a sunrise due to inclement weather, this workshop was well doing, my photo's in dark area's and faces are so much better and I will keep on practising what Etienne has shown us.
My photo's for the latter part of the trip were much improved(well I think so anyway).
Etienne is a patient tutor and the village we went to was lovely, the vegetarian roll I had for breakfast was just delicious.
I would recommend this tour & workshop to everyone.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I had a private 2 hour photo tour as the sunrise and sunset tours were not available. I found that very disappointing. I gather there needs to be minimum numbers for either to run. That aside, I certainly learnt a lot about my camera and techniques for taking better photos which were practical and quite easy to understand. Although I was very nervous, Etienne was patient and encouraging. I enjoyed my lesson and I found that I was able to follow up things I'd learnt by visiting Etienne's website later.

1  Thank Wendy V