“Good karma”
Review of Like Hoi An Hotel

Like Hoi An Hotel
Ranked #72 of 163 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Once again we were booked into this hotel by the Rising Dragon Villa in Hanoi ( see review), and once again we were not disappointed. From a very warm welcome and greeted by name on arrival, we were taken to our room via a lovely marble staircase. The hotel does have an elevator but we were only on the first floor. Our room was not large but it had every thing we needed and spotlessly clean. We had doors opening onto a small balcony and off the bedroom was a walk through robe to an adjoining room which my brother in law had. Opposite the wardrobe was our bathroom which was very spacious and had black marble floors with 2 steps up to the bath and shower. All the furnishings are timber which gives a warm feeling to the rooms. the bed is king size and the room also has a divan and small coffee table. There are two of these hotels and we are staying at number 2 which is about 2kms from the town centre. However, the hotel provides a free mini bus every 30 minutes which saves on taxi fares. They also have free bicycles and rent motor bikes - if you are game enough to try the roads! The reception staff have excellent English and are extremely helpful. They can recommend good tailors and restaurants and tell you that they are reputable because they are concerned about the information reflecting back on the hotel. Due to the number of tailors in this town, we are taking their advice! Overall either Thanh Vue 1 or 2 are lovely hotels and I would certainly recommend staying here. One tip - your door locks from the inside so when you go out, make sure you turn the lock!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 17, 2012

This hotel was a little bit out of town, not too far and there is a free shuttle bus to there sister hotel in town, which leaves every 1/2 hour the last bus from town is 9pm. This hotel was big enough for 2, hot water was bit hit and miss, Breakfast also was bit hit and miss more hit then miss i guess. Glasses at Breakfast were not what i would call clean, Dont waste your time or money on the spa, much cheaper and better in the town. Staff friendly enough, beware of Johnny, he has contact all over town, and he will try and send you to them to have clothes shoes bags and even silver. Next time i would stay closer to town, or even the beach.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 13, 2012

About a 15 minute slow walk into the main part of Hoi An but we found this fine. Deluxe 1 & 2 rooms are the best. Spacious and lovely. We didn't get clean hand towels or flannels every day though. Breakfast good & we had lunch on the last day which was way cheaper than restaurants in the town & tasty. There is a shuttle bus that takes you to their sister hotel every half hour.
By the way the sister hotel thanh van 1 is better location but smaller & the pool is just inside the main doors in the centre of the hotel!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 4, 2012

A good budget choice in expensive Hoi An.

We paid $20 for the cheapest room. It was clean, large, with AC, fridge and cable TV. The bathroom had an actual bath (very excited about that - we are so used to having the entire bath room soaked after a shower!) and they cleaned the room when we asked them to.

The hotel sister (Than Van 3) round the corner is where the pool is (nice for a dip but limited sunbeds) and where you get the buffet breakfast. We were pleasantly surprised with the breakfast: fruit, eggs, bacon, bread, ham, salad and crossiants were provided as well as tea, coffee, juice etc

Considering we normally spend $5 on brekkie this made the hotel rate within our budget.

We found the staff helpful. Yes they did try to sell us the tailor (doesnt everyone in Hoi An!) and their tours but we politely declined and it was never mentioned again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline G
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We were picked up at the airport by the hotel car and stayed in a beautiful room which was more like a suite. 2 balconies and a seating area outside. Breakfast was good and the hotel provided a mini bus into the town every 30 minutes. We did walk back from the town and it took us about 20 minutes. The manager was a little too keen to use their tailors and their trips which did come across as a bit pushy. However the reception staff were very helpful and friendly. Word of warning don't leave anything sweet out as we were infested with micro ants but other than that it was a lovely friendly hotel close to the town and away from the backpackers who seem to flock to the town.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 23, 2012

We stayed at Thanh Van 2 for 5 nights in a superior room ($30/night). It's a good distance from the bustle of the old town - about 15 min walk. They have a free shuttle but we prefer walking/cycling so never used it. We arrived around noon and the room was ready so we didn't need to wait. We were pleasantly surprised at the size of the room and that it was tastefully decorated with 2 small balconies, an open bathroom (with separate shower and toilet) and a little lounge area at the foot of the bed with a small TV. Internet signal in the room was weak, but useable. Breakfast wasn't too bad - fruit weren't the freshest and jam way too sweet, but they do good omelettes. They provided free bicycles which was handy for getting to the beach (Cua Dai ~ 30min cycle, An Bang ~ 10-15min up Hai Ba Trung, a lot nearer and quieter than Cua Dai Beach) and the old town (~5 min cycle). The hotel had a nice little pool as well. The staff were friendly and helpful, we were always greeted with a smile and no one tried to sell us any tours/massages/tailors which was nice.

The only issues we had were with the cleanliness of the room. The "fresh" towels almost always had hair and stains on them and they didn't seem to clean the room in the 5 days we were there. They also took away the hand towel by the sink and didn't replace it. The drainage system probably wasn't the best as the shower kept getting clogged and there was a smell of sewage coming from the sink/shower/toilet. It was only after we complained that the toilet was starting to stink after the 3rd day that they cleaned the toilet and unclogged the hair in the shower. Don't think the floors were swept at all in 5 days.

So other than the cleanliness, which could easily be sorted if we'd asked them to clean daily (we really shouldn't have to ask though), it was a nice enough stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sny_npt
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I don’t even know where to start.
Service at this hotel was the most unprofessional I ever experienced in all my trips. I had reservations at this hotel through Agoda so I came to the hotel at 4:30 PM and was informed that, unfortunately, but my room is not ready yet-(check in was @ 2PM) I was asked to wait 30 minutes until my room will be ready shortly, at the end I got the keys to my room at 6 PM without any apology for the delay
I got a room that was shockingly depressing with very dirty windows on which were some strange type of bars. They told me that this is the only room which is available in the hotel on this day and the next day I will get better-Deluxe Room, for which it paid already in advance. The next day after breakfast, I myself had to move my luggage to the nicer room which I was supposed to get on the first day.
I booked a morning trip to the My San at the hotel reception, unfortunately no one showed up to pick me up for this trip and when I told the hotel staff about this they offered the same trip but in the afternoon (I wanted to see the sunrise) at this point I've had enough of them really so I said No.No.No
The staff at the front desk of this hotel are extremely unpleasant .The manager not very interested in a handling hotel guests but very pushy about taking me to the affiliated tailorshop.
The hotel is located about 20 minutes from the city center, too far away to enjoy the attractions of Hoi An.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo