“Would even bother.”

Cuisines: Asian
Description: The Restaurant is next to the more known River Lounge
Description: The Restaurant is next to the more known River Lounge
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

First of all... The amount of staff was ridiculous.. 1 waitress!!!! Who was one the rudest people I have ever met. The food I wouldn't even eat if it was free... After waiting a while for it and then got given it cold.. An even though me and my partner ordered the Same thing we got it served to us about 10 minutes apart.. And then asking to have it warmed up she explained "only the rice gets cooked, not the chicken it just gets mixed".. We'll I do hope the chicken gets cooked!!.. And not to forget we got half a plate of crap stuff I didn't even ask for to what I actually wanted was about 3 spoonfuls. Then chasing the waitress around..otherwise we would of been there til the morning until we paid... Then shoved the change in my face and didnt even say "thanks for coming" just ignored us was delightful! So yes would rather skip dinner that eat here!

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I have honestly only signed up to trip advisor because I feel people need to know about this place. My group and I called in for dinner after spotting it alongside the river. The seven of us ordered a meal each and sadly my chicken was pink. I was polite and sent it back to give them a chance to cook it again. After receiving the EXACT same dish, I said I was paying and that there was no way this was worth 1 dong never mind 120,000. They argued with me and said I had to pay, I insisted I hadn't eaten any of it and they cannot expect me to pay for this meal? The lady who served me let my group out where they waited for me outside. I went to walk out and they barracded me in, shut a massive metal door and padlocked it up. I was starting to get really concerned but still refused to pay. They staff called people on their phones and other Vietnamese people came in and stood around me. One of them even told me to 'shut up' when trying to explain the situation. The waitress kept going on about how I'd be 'helping her out' and she's 'poor' and I felt like saying its not my problem, cook your food properly and maybe il pay. The massive group of intimidating Vietnamese then started flicking the lights on and off and really freaked me out, I was genuinely concerned for my safety. I ended up paying 80,000 pounds for a meal which was undercooked, just to avoid what was going to happen to me of I Didnt pay. Not only would I say 'for you bar' is a bad restaurant, however it's actually dangerous! I even thought about trying to contact someone about what happened but I'm just glad I got out in one peice.

1  Thank Debradawwg
Reviewed July 2, 2013

A westerner gave us a flier for this restaurant, so we naively assumed that it wouldn't be too bad. It turned out to be the worst experience in Hoi An. We ordered a pasta dish, which was horrendously overpriced for Vietnam, though we figured if they had the audacity to charge that much, then it must be good. However it came out as some soggy pasta pieces in a buttery pool of milk, with little bits of onion floating on top. It literally looked, smelled and tasted like vomit. When we politely pointed out to the waitress that we didn't like the meal, we were rudely told that 'a lot of people like it'. Then we said we didn't want it and asked for the bill, and she charged us for it anyway. If you don't know how to cook a dish, don't offer it on your menu. Avoid this place at all costs. The people are rude, the place is filthy dirty and it all seems a bit dodgy. It seems like a nice place because of the view and the lanterns, but I'd rather eat out of a Vietnamese sewer than eat in this place again. The waitress also attempted to sell us trinkets while we were sitting down. Don't go here. Ever.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We probably should have ran the other way when a girl scouted us out of the crowd on the street & basically dragged us inside. The woman taking our order had an attitude & it took 20mins to get the coffee i ordered. The lady with the 'tude pretty much wouldn't let us leave until we bought some of her nick-nack crap... Not a great atmosphere, the only good thing was the view of the river but you could get that almost anywhere else...

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Food was average, drinks were reasonably priced but the women in charge on the night proceeded to hustle, for want of a better word, for money. Long story short, she phoned her granddaughter who is training to be a monk, who rode to the restaurant in order for myself and my partner to give her a donation. Then a request came for me to change some AUD to local currency, I stupidly did this and surprise, surprise, within metres from leaving the restaurant, a young girl was asking for AUD. My advice, stay away, there are other decent restaurants where you don't have to put up with this crap.