“Best to avoid...”

Cuisines: Asian
Description: The Restaurant is next to the more known River Lounge
Description: The Restaurant is next to the more known River Lounge
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We probably should have ran the other way when a girl scouted us out of the crowd on the street & basically dragged us inside. The woman taking our order had an attitude & it took 20mins to get the coffee i ordered. The lady with the 'tude pretty much wouldn't let us leave until we bought some of her nick-nack crap... Not a great atmosphere, the only good thing was the view of the river but you could get that almost anywhere else...

There are newer reviews for For You Bar

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Food was average, drinks were reasonably priced but the women in charge on the night proceeded to hustle, for want of a better word, for money. Long story short, she phoned her granddaughter who is training to be a monk, who rode to the restaurant in order for myself and my partner to give her a donation. Then a request came for me to change some AUD to local currency, I stupidly did this and surprise, surprise, within metres from leaving the restaurant, a young girl was asking for AUD. My advice, stay away, there are other decent restaurants where you don't have to put up with this crap.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We chose this place for a couple of beers before our dinner reservation in town. It was 30k for a big Tiger beer - so I can't complain about the price! But the staff are useless and you have to hunt them down to get service. Plus you get hassled by the locals trying to sell stuff constantly. Its on a nice spot by the river, so its good to people watch while enjoying your ice cold beer.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Ventured in here before reading the poor reviews. Coffee undrinkable, pancake looked very greasy, decided to pay our bill & leave without eating.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I went there with my father for a Hoi An trips. The restaurant is opened only for a limited time, and after around 8pm, it is mostly for the bar. I have read the previous comment about the food, but my father was so hungry thus we tried some dishes. Actually it is really good. I asked the restaurant owner about the chef and he told me he changed a new one just recently.

With the best view over Thu Bon river with good food, you should give it a tried