“Not worth the money”
Review of Hoa My Hotel

Hoa My Hotel
Ranked #174 of 294 Hoi An B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We had room 101 (next to the reception), which is very noisy.
06.30AM the front door opens and it's just like you are sleeping on the street.
The room was not very clean too.

We also mentioned some guys paid 12 dollar a night for a twin room, we booked with hostel bookers and had to pay 20 dollars a night (including breakfast). Breakfast is not worth the 4 dollars/person at all.

Besides the fact that we didn't like the hotel, the staff is friendly.

Room Tip: Check your room before you pay and don't take room 101.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We arrived on the night bus from Nha Trang and were approached by a lady offering a free transfer to her hotel insisting it would still be free if we didn't wish to stay there. Normally we like to walk around and find our own place, but we were tired so thought we'd have a look.

The rooms are huge, with big beds, air con, fridge and a nice bathroom. Clean also. For only $12 a night it was excellent value. The pool looked ok, was quite small and right beneath the stairs we didn't use it.

Initially we thought it was going to be a bit far from old town, but it's only a 5-10 minute walk to the river. There's also loads of cheap (and delicious!) restaurant directly opposite.

The staff were very friendly and helpful also. Recommended place.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I only stayed a couple of nights, (Hoa My 1 ).. on my journey from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi, but Hoi An was a great little place to visit. The hotel is really great, a nice surprise, clean, a/c, wi fi, nice breakfast, and the staff are really friendly, Hong Le is a really wonderful host, I think the friendliest in all of Vietnam !! The hotel is fairly convenient for walking 5 minutes into the old town, but there are lots of restaurants and bars nearby, (but theres no noise,its nice and quiet here for sleeping !), with lots of cheap beer and great meals. If I was coming back to Hoi An, I'd definitely come to this hotel. Very good value too. The Hoa My is the sister hotel with the swimming pool, just nearby.

Room Tip: You can choose between the Hoa My and Hoa My 1, the Hoa My has the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 18, 2013

On the surface this place seemed great, its a bit of a walk to the river but the workers were nice and offer free bike hire. The room was nice until at 8 AM it all kicked off, with a number of power tools going in tandem as well as two people furiously banging the walls beneath us. When we walked down stairs it was a building site in the room directly under ours and none of the staff seemed to acknowledge this was happening. Hoi An was fantastic and the cafe opposite was great for awesome food and cheap drinks

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Beds- comfy
Air con - remote in room
TV in room
Breakfast - included and FANTASTIC!!!
Wifi - very quick for downloads.
Staff - the best i've experienced, fun and banter friendly
Hoi An - my fav place in Vietnam, great night out, fantastic custom-made clothes/shoes services.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We looking Hoa My hotel on wedsite and we send for them the booking infomation to email.My reservation was confirmed very quickly from sale manager. She let me know about the price of many kind of room, we choice double room at hotel with swimming pool and shuttle car pick up free from Hoi An bus station. My room is very nice and clean, The staffs so friendly, when we check in receptionists recommend many good services for visit and shopping. The hotel is in a great location just 5 minute walk to the old town and 15 minute bike to the beach. Highly recommended. We would stay again if we were to come back to Hoi An city.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Quite a walk from the old town, around 25 mins (with constant street sellers along the way). Situated near a very loud bar and on a main road with lots of moped horns. Bar closes at 10 though. Clean rooms and helpful staff. Organised an early breakfast for us and allowed early check in. We were in hoa my 1, hoa my 2 is in a quieter location.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a balcony but face on to the main road.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple