“Friendliest hotel I've every been to!”
Review of Hoa My Hotel

Hoa My Hotel
Ranked #175 of 288 Hoi An B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We book the room online hostelworld.com at Hoa My Hotel 2 - 44 Tran Cao Van street, we stayed here 3 nights in the nice and clean room. The hotel close to the old town about 5 minutes walk and opposite the hotel there are many restaurant good and cheap, we enjoy alot. The staff in hotel so fantastic, always smile with customer. I would like highly recommend this hotel to anyone .

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Walk in paid 12usd for a great spacious room with a double and a single bed in it along with ensuite which had a big corner bath (but no plug :)) The staff are so helpful, informative and friendly. The rooms and hotel is very very clean. Location is a 7 main walk into the old city, past many restaurants and shops. Great restaurants and bars opposite the hotel too selling very cheap beer! It has a swimming pool but we didn't go in it- didn't have time. The rooms also had a TV, air con, fans and a fridge and mini bar. Couldn't recommend this place more! I think this place realised a while ago that trip advisor and good reviews are important, can only think it changed owners or they changed the staff, the new reviews are all excellent. It is a 10 main walk from the bus drop off point too, no need for transport. Super find!

• Stayed: October 2013
Hoamy44, Manager at Hoa My Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear Livinonbeans!
Hoa my hotel would like warmest to greeting to you.
Our hotel thank you about your good comment on the tripadvisor.
We will to maintain good services for our custommer.
We will wellcome you back Hoi An in the next time with more best service.
Hoa my manager.
Miss My.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We came to Hoa My having already spent 2 nights in 2 different hotels in Hoi An (Than Binh and Vinh Huy). We wanted somewhere to stay that is clean, comfortable and quiet and we got just that. Our room was farily small but for $10 per night who can complain. The rooms have everything you need from a comfortable clean bed (bedding gets changed every other day), tv (if you choose to watch it), air con and a fan, free wi-fi and good size bathrooms with hot showers. The hotel offers a same day laundry service, has 3 computers in reception with free wi-fi for guests to use, serves breakfast and pizzas and even has a swimming pool. The staff are all fantastic. Everybody from the receptionists, to the cleaners, to the night porter and the cook are so friendly they love to chat and help where they can. They really make your stay memorable.

The hotel is in a great location just a slow 8 - 10 minute walk to the old town and a 15 minute cycle to the beach.

Highly recommended. We would definitley stay again if we were to come back to Hoi An. Make sure you head to Binh Minh two doors to the right for breakfast or dinner. Highly recommended also.

Room Tip: You have the option to ask for a quiet room set back from the main road. We're quite precious ab...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We booked via hostelbookers (which never published my bad review) and got the "budget room" which was still $20 and therefore quite expensive by Vietnam standards. Our friend did a walk-in and got the same room the day after us for $12. The budget room is basically a closet with no window to the outside. It would've been fine if the power didn't go off in the middle of the night, leaving us to sleep (or rather, not sleep) in a horribly stuffy and hot room. The receptionist gave us $2 off as a consolation gift. How generous! The shared shower is also either extremely hot or very cold.

Apparently the other rooms are nicer, but as a budget traveler, we were sorely disappointed. There aren't a lot of options in Hoi An though. Just don't book online.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the "budget" room!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hoamy44, Manager at Hoa My Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear Alice!
Hoa my hotel would like to send you warmest greeting.
Our hotel realized our mistake after reading your comment.
All of rooms on the hotel website but We did not posted this room, so customers can not to distinguish between the quality of the rooms.
During this time our hotels are upgrading some room so the quality of those room better than.
Once again,we do apologized and hope you will come back Hoa My hotel next time with more better service.
Manager hotel.
Miss My.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is relatively new building with wonderful lade who manages it. She is very helpful. They have a safe there (which mattered after we have been robbed in other Thanh Binh hotel in Hoi An), there are many small restaurants next to the hotel where you can eat good food, the area is quiet and nice. Their internet is fast, rooms are clean and modern furnished, towels new and clean, this is definitely very good value for this price. I would not recommend anything else in Hoi An.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2013

It was located near the ancient town of Hoi an. It was a good location and very accessible to all. We enjoyed swimming on a pool. The staffs were so friendly, and there's a free breakfast. We stayed for 2 nights here. The room was so clean and the air is fresh. We got a good room with terrace.
I recommend this hotel to all.

Room Tip: Room with terrace
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Hoa My is located in a really nice quiet area of Hoi An, with no noise from the roads or anything. It is pretty close to the old town (about 10 mins walk) and has a number of good restaurants very close to it (these restaurant also have the cheapest fresh beer we found anywhere in Vietnam). It is also very centrally located which means it is easy to find at night, and is a great starting point for exploring the area.

It is a little more expensive than some of the other places we looked at however you do get incredibly friendly and efficient service from the employees and a good-sized indoor pool for your money (although it is worth double checking which Hoa My you are booked into as only one has a pool). The staff go above and beyond to give you information on sights, renting bikes and great places to eat and drink - and all without trying to push a tour on you which is very refreshing.

If I had any complaint it would be that the rooms vary in size considerably even though they are the same price. Two of our friends had a room that was literally half the size of ours but were paying the same. However they still thought the room was great and so did we, very comfortable, with TV and a fridge.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a little comfort when travelling to Hoi An.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask to see the room first so you know you are getting one of a good size
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple