“Cheap stay at Hoa, My 201 Ly Thuong Kiet Str (the one without swimmingpool)” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hoa My Hotel

Hoa My Hotel
Ranked #116 of 188 Hoi An B&B and Inns
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Cheap stay at Hoa, My 201 Ly Thuong Kiet Str (the one without swimmingpool)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The first day we were met by the nicest receptionist ever, the second day, her "evil twin" was at work...so every second day of our 7 night visit was very, very nice :)

During the first night one of us were eaten by bedbugs (the other one didn't sleep in the hotel), and when we addressed the issue to the "evil" receptionist, she gave us explanations such as allergy (food and mosquitos, amongst other things), but I've experienced bedbugs before, and know perfectly well how the bites looks and feels like.
After some discussion forwards and backwards, we got another room (bedbug-free), which we kept throughout our stay.

Another BIG MINUS was that the air-con was swithced off in the day time.

Will we come back..? To Hoi An, for sure - but not to Hoa My Hotel, because of the inconsistent service.

Room Tip: We got the impression that they use the biggest and nicest room as "showflat", this is loc...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Auckland Central, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

My room was 308, with the balcony, very nice view and with a pond of fishes. The room was above average, hot water and wifi is good, a bit noisy at night, tv very small, overall clean and comfortable stay, also got free shuttle bus, the location is good, close to the old town only 5 minutes walking.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Eilat, Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Hello,
My friend and I stayed in Hoa My (second hotel) for two nights in our trip in south-east Asia. Unfamiliar with Trip Advisor bad reviews about the hotel, we enter happily to the hotel and enjoy the advices the staff gave us and the great pool the have. We spent 4 hours before noon around town - accidentally, leaving our money bag in the backpacks - and back to sleep without noticing anything wrong.

At night we count our money as we do every few days and found out 300$ are missing. The day after we learnt that other German couple also been "missing" 100 USD so we went to the reception and demand answers. mean while we learnt that this is something typical to this hotel as you can see on it terrible reviews.

The reception called the manager who was "out of town" , tried to make as get only 50% of the money back in claiming we might be lost it and that its not the hotel fault. afterwards the management blame the reception lady for not telling us to leave our money at the reception and had her to pay us back the money - 400$ from a women that make hardly 1/4 of it a month!

At the end of the day after raising our voice we got our money back leaving with the very bad feeling about this place - the way they treat their employees and more than that - their customers.

If you care for you valuables and for the locals who work in such kind of places - stay away from Hoa My!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kfir_Br
Hoamy44, Manager at Hoa My Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
First of all, we are many thank for your customers.

The cóntent you were commented on trip, we have some feedback like:

We can not belived on you missing 300USD and more than We can’t belived you missing the money in your room becáuse:

- This happen never in our second hotel.Accoding the hotel regulations ( we can asked policeman to sole this and we can not repay any money for you) but my Manager want to maintain prestige any quest and always happy before you leaving my hotel. And after the discuss we decide to repay for you.

- Àfter this matter, We realized something is not right, we had set up a camera to control every thing and every body in hotel.

We wish to all traveler come to my hotel or any hotel “you should to deposit money with receiption”. You shouldn’t leave money or valuble in your room because you can missing outside our hotel didn’t responsibility.

Travelers are raving about these Hoi An hotels

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Beautiful little hotel, with great indoor swimming pool.
Rooms are large and have a TV and minibar. There is also a big curtain that you can open to get a view of the lobby and the pool down below. The rooms are cleaned every day, and new towels provided.
Bathrooms are also fairly large and have a combined shower/small bath type thing. These are also cleaned every day.
Beer and soft drinks are available from reception at reasonable rates, though not nearly as cheap as the "fresh beer" offered at the local bars and restaurants. They also have a pretty good food menu.
Wifi is available throughout the building and is fairly fast and reliable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

We were taken to hoa my on a free shuttle from the sleeper bus to view the rooms. Woman was not pushy and the room was very big, clean and only $12 a night so we took it.

The staff were all extremely helpful and friendly and warned us of the dangers Of pick pockets and so on. Happy to help with anything at all! Free wifi, computers for use, very clean big rooms, laundry service, bike service, right opposite cafe 43, just out of the hustle and bustle but only 5 min walk to centre.

Only down side was the pool was very small so we didn't use it but for $12 a night we were very happy!

Thank you hoa my hotel for a great stay, you made our trip in hoi an :)

(we stayed in room 205, great room with balcony!)

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Sarzaanne
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Admittedly a few minutes walk from the riverfront, we quite enjoyed our almost week-long stay here. Especially pleasant was our room on the third-floor with a private balcony and lots of natural light! The hotel rented motorbikes for $5 USD per day, had laundry for 20,000dng/kilo and had the other usual amenities. My favorite, though, was the local food along Tran Cao with a handful of lovely restaurants at far more affordable prices than the riverfront.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

After looking online it seemed to us that finding budget rooms in Hoi An was going to be difficult. The lady from the hotel jumped on our bus when we arrived and said we could look at the rooms with no obligation.

The hotel isn't in the best location, but within easy walking distance of the old town. It might have been a bit better to just be thatch closer

• Stayed November 2012