“very nice countryside cruise”
Review of Phat Tire Ventures

$59.00*
Bike Tour to My Son Sanctuary from Hoi An
$39.00*
and up
Hoi An countryside cruise by bike
Ranked #7 of 149 Outdoor Activities in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: Phat Tire Ventures Vietnam (PTV) is the longest running adventure sports outfitter in Vietnam specializing in mountain biking, white water rafting, trekking, rock climbing and canyoning. We have offices in both Dalat and Hoi An.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I already had very positive experience doing canyoning with phat tire ventures in Da Lat when I decided to go on a half day mountainbike trip in Hoi An. Thao is very knowledgeable and explained a lot of interesting things during the trip. I enjoyed riding through the delta as well as the unexpected boat trip back to Hoi An. Next time - and I am sure there will be one:-) - I will go for a longer and maybe physically more challenging trip. I recommend Phat Tire to anybody who is seeking to do these type of activities around Hoi An. It is definitely worth it as you get to see things you probably wouldn't get to see when you're on your own while at the same time having a lot of fun with your guide and being active outside. Thanks!

There are newer reviews for Phat Tire Ventures

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We booked this one-day trip at the last minute and were really glad that we did. It was excellent. Our guide Thinh was very professional, explained everything very thoroughly and made sure that our bikes were well adjusted and that we knew how to use them! He then guided us through the ever changing landscape - old city, ferry crossing, villages and over bridges - giving us local insight into the way that the local people live, work and cook. He was very friendly and made the whole day fun for us. The bikes were good quality Giant mountain bikes with front suspension. The cycling was fairly continuous - we didn't stop that often but in hindsight you could have stopped every five minutes and never got anywhere there was so much to see. The description on the website of the trip is very accurate in terms of timing unless you want to stop often to take photos. We are mid 40s, of average fitness (we cycle at home but never long distances) and we managed just fine. Along the route, many of the Vietnamese people smile and wave to say hello to you which means you end up with a broad grin on your face for most of the trip. The route was predominantly on concrete paths through villages and fields so there were no traffic concerns. Thinh also made us a very tasty (and large) lunch with delicious fresh fruit and then guided us around the My Son complex. He has obviously learnt a lot about the history and made a good guide. The drive back in the minibus was comfortable and I thought the driver was very good. My Son is an impressive site in itself but the route and the time spent with Thinh was probably of more interest to us than the actual end goal - My Son - but I think that is testament to how good the excursion is.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

We had a great rock climbing with Cuong and Khoa, who were both very knowledgeable and a ton of fun. We started on easier top rope courses, but soon moved to higher grades which were a fun challenge. Both the guides were extremely supportive and helped us all the way through. At no time did we feel unsafe, as the guides were on top of everything and equipment was in good nick.

Would highly recommend for an adventure trip in Hoi An.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was a lot of fun. The caves that we went down into were interesting enough without entering them by Abs Sailing down. The guides were very friendly and knowledgeable about abs sailing and the caves. The lunch they provided was delicious as well.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had a great day Abseiling with Thinh and Khoa. The guys were great made us feel very safe and the walls were fun, and as it was only the 2 of us we got to do the 1s 2 walls a couple of times. we did 3 walls in total with a break for lunch and some sightseeing in between which was very intresting.
Overall a very enjoyable diffrent way to see marble mountain Thanks guys for a great trip

1  Thank Jinx3