“The best thing to do in Hoi An, if not the whole of Vietnam”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Phat Tire Ventures

and up
Bike Tour to My Son Sanctuary from Hoi An
Ranked #7 of 143 Outdoor Activities in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: Phat Tire Ventures Vietnam (PTV) is the longest running adventure sports outfitter in Vietnam specializing in mountain biking, white water rafting, trekking, rock climbing and canyoning. We have offices in both Dalat and Hoi An.
Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The best thing to do in Hoi An, if not the whole of Vietnam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2011

The boys at Phat Tire in Hoi An are fantastic. By far the most professional adventure crew in Vietnam. With a strong focus on safety, the guys will ensure you have an amazing time. In my two months of travel, the two tours I did with Phat Tire has definitely been the highlight. Anyone who goes to Hoi An and doesn’t book a tour with Phat Tire is missing out on a great adventure.

Visited April 2011
8 Thank m0e_t0wn

New Delhi, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Phat Tire rocks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2011

My husband and I visited Hoi An for a week in April, and we booked a rock climbing excursion with Phat Tire. The guides were professional and safety-conscious, and the equipment was all top-of-the-line. They took us to Marble Mountain to climb and afterwards showed us around to some of the caves. It was a fantastic day! We had planned to take a cycling trip with Heaven and Earth, but I was really burnt out on all the hawkers and tailors and shopping-disguised-as-culture. I told our rockclimbing guide that we were interested in cycling but NOT shopping, and he said, "We can do that!" So the next day we headed into the countryside on Trek mountain bikes. The guides took us on a little ferry to a more remote village, where we truly felt like we saw "real Vietnam." We stopped at a village home, where an old woman showed us how she weaves mats out of coconut fronds, and she got a huge kick out of making me try it. No pressure at all to buy anything (although we gave her a little token tip).
On both of our excursions, we had two guides. Each time, one of the guides spoke excellent English. They were all enthusiastic, knowledgeable about both the sport and the culture, and fun to hang out with.
You can read more about our adventures at my blog: www.dentsadventure.com

Visited April 2011
5 Thank dentsadventure
Adelaide
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Well worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2011

After seeing Phat Tire Ventures recommended in Lonely Planet, my friend and I decided to check it out and booked a rappelling day trip to the Marble Mountains. As mentioned in one of the other reviews, we were the only two in the group and were accompanied by two experienced guides. They were very friendly, knowledgeable and well organised. It was a great day out and we were able to do multiple lines due to the small group size. Definitely recommend this great company.

Visited January 2011
5 Thank williams_n22
Sverige
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Adventures in Hoi An”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2010

We went for repelling, abseiling, one day in Marble Mountains. No one else hade booked that day, so we were only two people on the tour. There were two guides, and when repelling we had two ropes and they secured us from two spots. First practice a few meter, then 15 m in a cave, 25 m down a cliff and finally 55 m into a huge cave. The equipment was good and the safety as well. The guide that learned us were good in English and very nice and helpful. (Yes, it costs a little bit more than a regular tourist tour to for example My Son, but this was so much more fun and not to expensive. Worth every vietnamese dong!!)

We saw that they also had tours with mountainbikes and rock climbing.

(In Swedish: Säkerheten var väldigt hög, bra utrustning, utbildade, kunniga och seriösa guider. Superbra ställe, gå dit om du är ute efter äventyrssporter i Hoi An. Värt varenda krona!)

4 Thank ASL3
Anywhere
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“An Amazing Day at Marble Mountain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2010

After being in Vietnam for almost a year, my friends and I found Phat Tire Ventures and went on a day trip up to Marble Mountain for rappelling and rock climbing that was absolutely incredible. The staff was very professional and very well equipped for training a large group how to drop themselves over the edge of a cliff. The three rappels were exhilarating with the last one deep into the caves of marble mountain truly unbelievable. The rock climbs nicely fit our inexperience but gave us a challenge to get to the top that everyone enjoyed. If you enjoy not just going to an incredible places like Hoi An and Marble Mountain but doing some amazing, unforgettable things while there...be sure to look up Phat Tire. They were more than happy to combine two programs for us to fit our request and it looked like they had a whole bunch of awesome itineraries lined up. Check them out, you won't be disappointed!

3 Thank WhosTheBigWinner