“Pleasantly surprised after reading some reviews”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Vinh Huy Hotel

Vinh Huy Hotel
Ranked #135 of 141 Hotels in Hoi An
Melbourne, Australia
“Pleasantly surprised after reading some reviews”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights and had a nice stay. After checking in and reading some reviews we were a little concerned about staying but had no issues. We took into consideration what others had said and took precautions with our valuables, locked our bags and even snuck in with our clothes made by another tailor (A bit OTT but we were taking no chances). In the end it was a good stay and considering we paid 8 USD a night a great one. Our room wasn't cleaned each day which was our only concern but 8 USD - need I say more

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Hebrew first
Vienna, Austria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

I am normally not a person to write bad reviews but in this case I have to! I arrived in the morning with the nightbus from Dalat and the bus dropped us there. The rooms seemed to be ok and they were cheap so we decided to stay. Everything was ok until next day in the morning: they asked us to move to another room because of a waterbreak and they would need to work in the room (I didn't see any water leaking though!) We agreed on leaving our packed backpacks in the room and move to another room later in the day. When I went back 2 hours later and wanted to get something from the room, they wouldn't give me the key and wouldn't allow me to go in the room... I got scared for my stuff... When I finally managed to get a short look into the room I saw that the room was cleaned and nobody was working on in there. So I went back to the hotel manager to ask him why we had to move the room if there is nobody working.... He started SHOUTING at me that I just have two options either check out or move to the other room... He was really angry and in rage and I asked him quietly to stop screaming at me because I needed to wait for my friend to decide. I tried to calm down the conversation by asking him to stop shouting and I didn't shout at him. But he wouldn't stop shouting and if I wouldn't check out immediatly I would have to pay for another night. He was shouting so loud that I couldn't help it and started to cry (and I normally don't cry that easily). I just went outside and waited for my friend on the street. She managed to get our stuff and payed for the night, but they also screamed at her and the ladies THREW A COKE BOTTLE AT HER that she left behind in the room... We moved to the hotel next door, the rooms are a bit more expenssive (12USD for a double) but the stuff is really nice and they were also suprised that they treated us that bad next door!!!

So even if it is a bit more aford to look for another place it's worth it because you don't wanna have your holiday mood destroyed by somebody screaming at you for no reason!!!
Happy travels!!!
Marie

Room Tip: Next door!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marie T

Travelers are raving about these Hoi An hotels

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

Upon arrival quoted $15 and later find out people paying $10 which I know happens all the time. I don't mind paying $15 but the shower didn't even work properly and when I mentioned it they didn't even care. I couldn't sleep all night as they put me in one of the downstairs rooms which had an interior window, and close to the reception. At 4am one of the staff begins clearing out his throat loudly for about half an hour. I wasn't warned of the fact that it was a loud room and when asked if I could get a discount they discounted $1!!! They recommended a tailor and when they found out I used a different tailor they then told me they double booked the room and that they weren't sure if they had anything else! Terrible customer service, really don't recommend you stay here. The breakfast was alot and wasn't very nice at all.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Clare
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

Very nice hotel with very helpful staff. We checked in early and was still allowed into our room. Only 1 street away from Old town so very easy to walk to and from the hotel. Staff very friendly and rooms very comfortable. Free WiFi and cable TV. There was also a mini bar.

Room Tip: Friendly staff and nice spacious rooms
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Hoi An, Vietnam
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights because there was nowhere else available at the time, before changing to another hotel. The place was infested with rats, the rooms are dirty, poor customer service, they tried to rip us off and when we stated that we werent going to pay any extra than what we owed them he told me to shut up and that he wasnt going to talk to me. We spoke with other people who stayed here and they had a problem with people stealing their clothes when they put them out to the laundry and stealing things from their room. They also persisted on trying to book us on over priced tours and bus/ train tickets which we refused. If its possible do not stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

Bus dropped us here, double rooms we're $10 with fridge and cable tv. We thought it was decent enough. Room was big and spacious, bathroom clean.

Put our stuff in the room and went for a swim in the indoor pool (pointless and tiny), and had some breakfast downstairs. Went back up to the room and 3000 thai baht had been removed from a inside my bag. And the pouch just left on the top of my clothes!

Complained, and they claimed they did not understand what had happened and nothing could be done.

My friend broke her toe and when she asked for any bandage or tape, they laughed at her and sent her away empty handed.

Luckily we were leaving the next day so didn't have to endure much more of their nonsense. Don't stay here, there's plenty more hotels for the same price inside the Ancient Town.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank jenvizz86
Utrecht, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2011

2 days a go we stayed in the vinh huy hotel.
First we thought it was oke, untill we had to pay.
We cound't read the bill because only the owner can wright/speak good english. And he wrote not clear at all.
There were things on the bill that weren't right and he arranged a really expensive
bus ticket to Sapa. He said he could cancel it but when we asked about the bill he
said that if we didn't paid the bill he would't cancel the bus. Than he became really mad en it was really terrible. He yelled at us and he became really agressive, it was quit threatening. There was one guy from England that wanted to help us and so the owner also became really mad at him and he had to leave the hotel. It was crazy.

So we want to warn you, you can better choose something else, there is enough and you don't want to pay a lot of money for things that you didn't use.

Greets from holland.