“In need of a revamp” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #92 of 122 Hotels in Hoi An
UK
“In need of a revamp”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

We paid $45 a night for a room overlooking the pool area. The room was well-equipped: jacuzzi, DVD player, bar area, computer, and was good value for money. There were some small issues that I'd worry about if we'd paid any more - leaking window, bathroom cabinet door wouldn't close, grubby taps and shabby bathroom furniture. But I think the main issues are outside the room; the reception area was dirty and really let down the hotel: old xmas decorations, grubby walls, shabby lightshades, it desperately needs attention. A real contrast to the rooms, it made me worry that the rooms would be the same... The breakfast area was similar; it just needs a good redecorate. Breakfast was ok, but the staff were overwhelmed and dirty plates piled up on tables and food ran out - they need more staff at peak times.
In the room was a small room service menu which we - reasonably I think! - assumed we could order from, only to be told this was "for the future". But reception soon came to our room and offered to go and pick up the food for us - a very kind thought, even if it took an hour and a half to arrive!
Sweet staff, and well-equipped rooms are let down by the public areas - easy to rectify, hopefully.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank clarkerosie83

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Nanaimo, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Our stay got off to a very rocky start when the front desk had no record whatsoever of our paid reservation. We'd booked for a week through Venere. Fortunately, there was a room available which we were given while we spent the better part of two days trying to get things sorted out. The manager was never around so it was up to us to make two expensive phone calls to Venere to resolve the matter.

Once everything was settled, we had a very enjoyable stay. The front desk staff were courteous and charming, the breakfast was wonderful, and the location simply excellent.

We still can't figure out where the problem occurred with our reservation.

Da Nang, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We showed up on a Saturday afternoon with no reservations and were fortunate that a couple of rooms were available. The price was right, the staff friendly and efficient, AND walking distance to all places in the Ancient City. The room was clean and had a real bathtub - antique style - which was awesome to soak in after a long day. We will certainly return.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Large rooms with jacuzzi and balconi and really good breakfast. The hotel has a quite swimming pool with lots of white towels.
The staff is not always as helpful as you hope with the train/bus tickets.

• Stayed February 2013
Alameda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and I wish it had been for more nights. The hotel, like a previous reviewer said, is a gem. Our room was a suite. Not sure if all rooms in this location are suites but they appeared so. The location, over-looking the river and near the main bridge into the old sector of Hoi An is excellent. The staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast room is upfront over-looking the river and the buffet is good. They have a swimming pool that is clean and welcoming. I would stay here again and I would book more time in Hoi An - one of the most fun and charming cities in Viet Nam.

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor, over-looking the swimming pool. Our room was a large suite. We had a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at the Long Life Riverside just at the beginning of the Vietnamese Tet holiday. Needless to say that most of the real Hoi An inhabitants had deserted the city and only pale looking tourists were meandering in the streets. However the staff at Long Life Riverside was very present and willing to help. The girls at the frontdesk did their best to make our stay enjoyable : on the last day, for example, we had to leave 30 minutes before breakfast time and we were offered a takeaway breakfast that made our morning journey start the best way.

Concerning the hotel it has a Japanese feel with a little wooden bridge crossing a semi-indoor swimming pool. The entire hotel's decoration is of good taste and seems quite new. We were given a very large room with a nice and clean bathroom. Like in most hotels in Vietnam I would advise you bring earplugs because people wake up early - just down from our window was a little Vietnamese house were someone seemed quite fond of mourning karaokes ! But we had no problem sleeping our room's comfortable bed.
The hotel also has bikes you can take for free, DVDs (who watches DVDs when visiting a new country ?), a nice breakfast, etc. It is located in a perfect location to visit Hoi An walking.

Nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Vietnam was suggested by my ticketing office in Nairobi. The lady at the ticketing office suggested that the next time I would travel to Bangkok on business, and had some extra time, I should visit Vietnam. She was kind enough to even propose the Long life Hotels. Sure enough I managed to visit Vietnam this January 2013. The country is great, beautiful a place that I shall definitely return.
My arrival at the Long life River Hotel was breathtaking right from the arrival lounge; the ladies at the front desk were kind enough to ensure that I was most comfortable after a long flight. I must admit that I have always thought that Vietnam is a war torn country but being at the hotel proved me very wrong. The hotels room was lovely, the ambiance is one to die for with lovely bathrooms, that offered luxury at its best, at dinner, I inquired of places I should visit and was recommended to visit the Old Town and was not disappointed. The accessibility to the beach is great. The food is first class and off course a massage at the spa was great. I am now planning for my second visit with my family, I am sure my hubby with love me even the more for discovering such a great gem.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business