“Very pleasant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #93 of 123 Hotels in Hoi An
Paris, France
“Very pleasant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at the Long Life Riverside just at the beginning of the Vietnamese Tet holiday. Needless to say that most of the real Hoi An inhabitants had deserted the city and only pale looking tourists were meandering in the streets. However the staff at Long Life Riverside was very present and willing to help. The girls at the frontdesk did their best to make our stay enjoyable : on the last day, for example, we had to leave 30 minutes before breakfast time and we were offered a takeaway breakfast that made our morning journey start the best way.

Concerning the hotel it has a Japanese feel with a little wooden bridge crossing a semi-indoor swimming pool. The entire hotel's decoration is of good taste and seems quite new. We were given a very large room with a nice and clean bathroom. Like in most hotels in Vietnam I would advise you bring earplugs because people wake up early - just down from our window was a little Vietnamese house were someone seemed quite fond of mourning karaokes ! But we had no problem sleeping our room's comfortable bed.
The hotel also has bikes you can take for free, DVDs (who watches DVDs when visiting a new country ?), a nice breakfast, etc. It is located in a perfect location to visit Hoi An walking.

• 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Vietnam was suggested by my ticketing office in Nairobi. The lady at the ticketing office suggested that the next time I would travel to Bangkok on business, and had some extra time, I should visit Vietnam. She was kind enough to even propose the Long life Hotels. Sure enough I managed to visit Vietnam this January 2013. The country is great, beautiful a place that I shall definitely return.
My arrival at the Long life River Hotel was breathtaking right from the arrival lounge; the ladies at the front desk were kind enough to ensure that I was most comfortable after a long flight. I must admit that I have always thought that Vietnam is a war torn country but being at the hotel proved me very wrong. The hotels room was lovely, the ambiance is one to die for with lovely bathrooms, that offered luxury at its best, at dinner, I inquired of places I should visit and was recommended to visit the Old Town and was not disappointed. The accessibility to the beach is great. The food is first class and off course a massage at the spa was great. I am now planning for my second visit with my family, I am sure my hubby with love me even the more for discovering such a great gem.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a great location, just of the bridge which leads to Hoi An downtown. The ladies at the front desk are very friendly and helped us to book a tour to My Son (on the third day of Tet). The hotel is smaller as it looks on the photos. Our room (209) was spacious and had a bench for seating, two desk spaces, a flat screen TV (with great reception) and a view towards an alley and neighboring houses (called the city view). Hoi An was bustling with music and there was a festival going for Tet but our room was very quiet so I'd choose this room again vs. a room with a river view with a busy street infront.

The bathroom had an interesting layout. The shower and toilet are in the same room (it's a bit weird). They also had a huge bath tub. Very clean room and the beds where okay.

The breakfast is served on the 1st floor (2nd floor USA) and they offered a nice selection and had a egg and pancake station.

The decoration of the hotel lacks some attention. There was still Christmas decoration and a Christmas tree there.

The prices are reasonable and as mentioned the location is perfect. So for us it was a good place to stay.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SFOMUC
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Hotel is perfectly nice and in a great location - it is clean and the staff were helpful and friendly - but it's likely they will stuff up your booking and send you to the substandard longlife hotel on other side of river. Check out the reviews for that one!

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank Tippy15
Da Nang, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have spend 2 days with my husband here a few days ago. I booked standard room for two, but it had to be booked 1 month ago because on Lunar new year (asia holiday), many tourist come to Hoi An to enjoy traditional amostphere. I choose this place because the price is acceptable, and the most important thing is it is in the center of Hoi An, only take around 5-7 mins walk to Acient town. It is a quiet nice place with tradional design, but not so speacial. Guest officers are friendly and fast service. Room is cosy, spacious but when we came in, room smelt a little bit like the door has been closed for weeks. The pleasure thing is bedroom is made with Europe size so it is very large and comfortable (not in asia size like other hotels). Free breakfast (include in room fee) is served every morning with diversity of food. Bread, toast, cake, jam, traditional food, milk, juice, coffee…like every thing you need are here. My total bill is 93$ for 2 pleasure days (include extra water and coffee).

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We booked the deluxe room just because we wanted to splurge a bit during our stay in Hoi An. The room was large, clean and airy. The balcony was ample sized and the hotel itself was very clean. However, the shower/toilet cubicle was a bit strange and not terrific. The spa in our room also didn't work which was a bit unfortunate.

The breakfasts were great, with fresh fruit, spring rolls, cakes, croissants, juice, coffee and tea amongst some of the offerings. The pool looked clean and although we didn't use it (we're more beachy folk) others seemed to enjoy it.

The staff were friendly and had very good English. The location was great, just a short stroll towards the bridge. As a side note, the Banh Mi stand next to the hotel made delicious baguettes which we ate almost every day.

1 Thank Rachael R
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Great location, with the hotel situated in the perfect spot. Easily within walking distance to all the restaurants etc. We found it easy to get everywhere we needed to and explore the city of Hoi An. We had an enjoyable holiday and even though were apprehensive about the other reviewers' experience with the staff whilst booking, we received nothing more than great customer service and didn't have any issues with our stay. The staff greeted us warmly and were conscientious and polite. Our room was a good size, however some aspects of the decor could do with a re-do and looked like it had been there for quite a while. Saying that, it was a clean room and we felt secure on our stay. I didn't realise whilst booking, but our stay included complimentary breakfast each morning (I assume it is the same for ALL bookings) which was a rather pleasant bonus and it was good quality food too. The hotel has a spa too offering stuff like waxing and massages however we did not use that. The prices did look reasonable although I did think it would be cheaper than it was. The hotel also has a pool, which once again we did not use. I think Hoi An translates to "peaceful meeting place", which we thought summed the place up quite nicely as all the locals and restaurant owners were really welcoming and enthusiastic which we found refreshing!! All in all, a nice place in a good spot.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple