“Perfect Location & Great Value in Hoi An”

Long Life Riverside Hotel & Spa
Ranked #142 of 159 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We booked 2 x family rooms which very comfortably accommodated 2 adults and 2 children in each. It was spacious, unlike other so called family rooms where you're crammed in. The staff were friendly and everything ran smoothly on check-in albeit a little slow. There were other guests checking in before us who experienced problems which caused the delay, but our bookings were fine. The location of the hotel was perfect, right on the river and a 5 minute walk to the centre of Hoi An.

We had no issues with the pool, it's a quite small with limited surrounding space but absolutely fine to cool off in the heat.

Breakfast was pretty basic but for what we paid (approx A$105/night per room) for 4 people, we thought the value for money overall was brilliant and if you wanted a better option, you could easily go elsewhere in Hoi An for breakfast. Unfortunately we only stayed 1 night and spent the other 5 nights at a beachfront property out of town. We wished we'd stayed at LLRR for longer.

I don't remember his name but the guy who carried our very heavy staircases up the few flights of stairs was delightful and really enjoyed entertaining our kids. His customer service was 100% The ladies on reception were also very friendly and helpful.

We absolutely adored Hoi An and will definitely return in the future and most like stay here again. It's not a luxurious hotel but if you want somewhere comfortable on the budget side, in close proximity to the town then I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Family rooms are spacious with separate bedroom upstairs
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Long Life Riverside Hotel & Spa

Reviewed May 11, 2012

We arrived at the hotel around 2:30 thanks to a flight cancellation due to a typhoon. We thought that since check-in time was 2pm this would be okay since our room would have been ready for a while. Not the case. We arrived and they said that nothing was available at the moment and they would store our luggage for about an hour until it was finished. Strike 1.

When we got the room our first impression was that it was big, clean and nice. But then we went into the bathroom. There was a tub with a handheld shower head, and then in the very small toilet area, another shower head and drain. No drain near the tub mind you. Anyways, this was the most un thought out bathroom and resulted in the whole floor being a pool every morning. If showers are important to you, maybe thing again. Strike 2.

Everything was okay at the hotel, we forgot about late check-in and were making do with our awkward showers, then at breakfast one day a staff member came up to us and said 'you have to move rooms'. No 'please', 'would you mind', 'thank you', or anything going on there. She told us that when we arrived we were 'upgraded' and now we had to move because someone else had booked it and they needed it. Sorry, but your poor room planning isn't our fault and we aren't moving. We talked to her for about 15 minutes and just flat our refused because we had A LOT of luggage. Rude and unprofessional, STRIKE 3.

So the positives. Good location, right across from the main bridge in town. The pool looked nice, although we didn't use it because it was raining most of the time. They rented out nice bikes that were fun. The breakfast was good, lots of fresh fruit etc.

Overall I guess if you can't find anything else, i'd settle on this one still. I would ask to see the room and make sure the bathroom was okay first, and make clear that you aren't moving rooms at all. I'm not sure if there's better in Hoi An, but this was definitely not the worst hotel we stayed at in Vietnam.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed for several nights at this hotel. If I hadn't prepaid creating problems for refunds, I might have invested time to switch hotels. Rates were decent for a huge room in back, the wi-fi worked well and the location is very convenient with a quick trip across the bridge to the heart of old town.

I think I read that this used to be a 4 star property, and you can see that in the woodwork and somewhat unique designs in the rooms, more modern/sleek tubs, etc. However, the housekeeping and maintenance staff has not been able to keep up with so much open air and tropical moisture - making the place a little rough around the edges with dirty and stained woodwork, dilapidated fixtures in lobby toilets, etc. The pool was green and clouded when I was there. They appeared to be working on it, but you couldn't have paid me to get in. The room was clean, but if you like pristine, you would have liked this place 8 years ago, but it is not the place for you.

Also, breakfast buffet was the lowest quality that I have had at similar hotels in the country. Same items every day with good coffee being the highlight, but very uninspired selections that appeared to be leftovers.

Finally, service was also mixed. Some staff were exceptionally friendly and others were seemed much more curt and uninterested.

Room Tip: There are some rooms on the inner courtyards that I would not want to stay in as all guests move thr...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank explore_2011
Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

I just finished my stay at the Long Life Riverside, and I wish I was still there! I had no problems checking in. They asked me to take a seat and presented me with a freshly squeezed orange juice, before showing me to my room a couple of minutes later. The room was beautiful! Lovely and light, with some sweet touches like the towel swans and rose petals (hilarious since I was alone!) and fresh fruit. The room also had a safe, computer with headset (no webcam), tv and DVD, and the biggest bath I've ever seen. The balcony looked out into a backstreet with a pretty noisy school. The only problems I had with the room were that the toilet and shower face each other and are about a metre apart, so even the demi shower curtain doesn't stop the toilet from becoming the titanic. Also, there's a partially frosted window next to the behead, with no curtain, so it's painfully bright as soon as the sun starts coming up. Breakfast was an ok spread but I was given no instruction as Ro where it was, what time, and the options for ordering pancakes etc. The location of this hotel is fantastic. In spite of the small negatives I've mentioned, I loved this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Barbarella83
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Bad points

- Did not feel welcomed AT ALL!! NO SMILES!
- Shower or shall i say dirty Jacuzzi is totally useless for showering in! water goes from hot to cold every 20 seconds!!
- Dirty stained bed sheets which do not get changed regularly.
- Uncomfortable hard beds
- Service is bad, staff at reception not friendly
- Cobwebs, spiders in our second room change

Good points
- Porter works incredibly hard as there are no lifts

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank deliabhu
Reviewed April 28, 2012

We were very happy with our stay at the Long Life Riverside. Having done the bookings ourselves via email, we were a bit nervous having read previous reviews. On arrival, we were asked for our voucher. I explained we didn't have a voucher since we booked by email, so we were asked for a copy of the email. Luckily I had printed it off (and eventually managed to find it deep in my luggage!), because they explained that they don't have a copy of the bookings on site or on a computer system, they are kept at their office off site!! No wonder there are so many problems with bookings not honoured. Anyway, our booking was fine, and we were shown to our family suite at the back of the hotel.
The room was very nice and was split over two levels, with a king sized bed downstairs and a double and single upstairs. The downstairs bathroom included a beautiful big bath and shower head, and there was another bath upstairs on an internal enclosed balcony. There was a computer in the room and TV's upstairs and downstairs, as well as an in-room safe. The room faced a street at the back of the hotel with a school. This didn't bother us, but if you are wanting to sleep in, be aware that the children have their school assembly complete with singing and drums at 7 am!
The pool area was smallish but absolutely fine and very refreshing on a hot day. Fresh towels are supplied to the area in the morning, but by the afternoon there are used wet towels everywhere which are not removed or replenished.
We found the staff to be indifferent in general, certainly didn't say hello as we came and went, but helpful if asked.
A real bonus with this hotel is the location, away from the hustle and bustle but only a two minute walk to be in the heart of the town.
Overall I was very pleased with this hotel and would almost definitely stay here if in Hoi An again. We were lucky enough to stay on a "pay 2 stay 3" deal, which made it very good value.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank oldxp
Reviewed April 27, 2012

My arrival was a bit scrambled as the car from hotel did not met me at the bus station as agreed (they did appologise for that) A taxi brought me to Long Life hotel. It took a couple of minutes for girls to check my booking and send me to Long Live Riverside hotel. The city view room was cosy and very clean, although in the morning I could hear children from neighbouring school. They decorated the room with flowers, the stock of bottled water was replenished everyday. The pool is a bit small, but very refreshing in the evenings. The breakfast is good, but the breakfast area is small and often overcrowded. They don't serve dinners, but you can choose from plenty of cafes around or in the Ancient town. The location is great as it takes couple of minutes to get to Ancient Town. The staff arranged tours to My Son and Marble mountains and I did not have problems with overpayment or double payment. Although My Son is not that impressive if you go there after visiting Angkor Wat, IMHO. I would certainly stay at that hotel again if I am in Hoi An.

Room Tip: Take a pool view room. It is less noisy
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo