“Fantastic day with Be”

$24.00*
Countryside Bicycle Tour from Hoi An
Ranked #2 of 154 Outdoor Activities in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: Immerse yourself for a half day or a full day into native Viet Nam. This bicycle tour will take you far away from the beaten tracks. You will discover the genuine customs and traditions of the Vietnamese peasants. You will long remember these unforgettable moments spent in the heart of traditional Viet Nam. A truly unique experience.
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I did the morning Countryside Tour. I was the only one on the tour wth my guide Be - she was so cool and we had a lot of fun. She spoke fantastic english and was very informative - she also liked to challenge me by asking me what I thought certain things were. This was good as it involved me and made me think.

It was great seeing the grass roots industries of these islands and mixing with the local tradespeople.

The lunch was simple and delicious.

We had great weather and it was really relaxing cycling through the different landscapes. The cycling was not challenging so is perfect for all ages. The boat trips to and from the islands are also a nice touch and give you a different perspective of the islands from the water.

Be left me to do an afternoon tour and Lan escorted me back to Hoi An - Lan also spoke great english and I enjoyed her company on the 45 minute boat ride back.

I wish Be and Lan well - excellent young ladies with a great outlook on life that they are happy to share!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,412)

Reviewed November 4, 2012

November is heading into the rainy season in Hoi An and there had been several showers in the couple of days before I took the 'Countryside Tour No. 1'. On this day it rained almost the whole time but it didn't matter, it was a great tour with Thuy and My starting with a little loop around the Old Town streets and onto the local ferry to a nearby island. It really felt like a slice of life passing before our eyes and we met various craftspeople and locals. I didn't know much about it before I went and I liked it that way so I won't list everything we did but the countryside itself is just idyllic. My and Thuy are both locals and we chatted throughout the tour. You get an insight into their lives in Hoi An, not just generic 'Hoi An life', which I really found interesting. There's lunch on this tour at a local home and another boat ride back to the start (bring a jacket for this, it gets breezy even on a hot and humid day). The length of tour was just right: starting at 8.30 and back to the start about 3pm, by which time I was ready for a rest. It's a good balance of time on the bikes and off with a leisurely break for lunch, water provided and bicycles more than up to the task. Very enjoyable day.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We took the Countryside Bicycle Tour, and It was one brilliant, probably one of the highlights of our trip to Vietnam. Our guide Be was absolutely fantastic, she speaks English very well, and knows a lot about the area, and she is very funny. We learnt how to make a mat, how to paddle in a basket boat, had a very delicious local lunch, and saw a lot of locals, rode on a ferry.
It is a very easy bicycle tour, you don't need any fitness at all to enjoy it.

The trip was so good, I would even go on it again.

Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

We loved our tour which was half a day. Our guide was amazing and gave us such a brilliant insight into the places we saw. Highly recommend this tour to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I signed up for the "Real Vietnam" tour, and I was really pleased. We were shuttled over to the delta islands by boat and then cycled over every possible terrain and pastoral setting. Our journey include several different kinds of water crossings, lots and lots of amazing animals, and tons of friendly locals. This particular tour was a bit grueling at times, considering it was raining heavily the night before and sporadically during our ride. But our guides led us courageously and enthusiastically, which made all the difference. You will learn A LOT on this tour. Even though I am sore and tired, I absolutely loved my day with Heaven & Earth. We even got to ride a local ferry back to Hoi An, which was a unique experience in itself!