“Terrible experience”

Ranked #375 of 400 Shopping in Hoi An
Oslo, Norway
“Terrible experience”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This was the first shop we visited in Hoi An and the owner was very nice to us and promised us that this was the cheapest and best place to shop and have shirts made/tailored. But this soon turned out to be a NIGHTMARE! This was without a doubt the most expensive place we had clothing (primarily shirts) made and the service was terrible. Nothing was done in time and never according to our wishes. The staff there was also calling us names in vietnamese (they didn't know that I understood vietnamese). So making 2 shirts took us 3 days with argueing and on the last day the owner threatened to call the police since we didn't want to pay the remaining 50% of the price for what we had ordered. With this treath in mind we paid for the shirts even though the quality and tailoring was bad, so that we could continue on our beach vacation. I have never in all of my years of travelling had such a bad experience in a shop ever. So if you read this review please stay away!

Visited August 2011

Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“DO NOT ENTER!! Poor quality, unwearable shoes”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I give this place a 1/5 as a rating of zero is not provided as an option. I had 3 pairs of shoes made here. I paid a 50% deposit and was told to return in a couple of hours. The ladies assured me again and again that there was enough time for the shoes to be completed and if adjustments would be required that would not be an issue.

I returned at the specified time and was made to wait over an hour (as they probably rushed to complete them). The shoes had obviously been thrown together and the leather lining I'd paid extra for was nowhere to be seen. The shoes did not fit so they were sent for adjustments, but due to them being late in the first place there was not enough time for a 2nd fitting.

I told the ladies that I would only take 2 of the shoes as one was unwearable (not to mention it didn't look like the design i had given!). The ladies basically held the 2 other pairs of shoes ransom and said I could take all 3 or just lose the 50%. They were just plain nasty and rude. One of the shoes was actually missing half of the bottom heel bit (the black part that is stuck in with a pin) and the suede had several rips.

I walked away AUD$150 poorer and with 3 pairs of unwearable shoes. Hoi An is a wonderful city however my experience at impressions boutique was absolutely horrible!

I've heard these places often just change there names after a few months after a few poor reviews so just in case the address is 97 Tran Hung Dao - Stay away!

Visited January 2012
Quebec
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Impressions boutique - NEVER GO THERE !”
Reviewed December 20, 2009

We had 2 pairs of shoes made. We asked to have them made completely out of leather (inside and outside). However, when we returned to pick them up, one of the pairs had a cloth lining. I explained that this was not what I asked for (the same employees were there when I ordered the shoes the day before). The woman kept on saying that I did not pay enough for the quality of shoes that I wanted and that I would have to pay more if I really wanted all leather (which is what I asked her the day before and we agreed upon a price). We argued for at least 1 hour and they did not want to understand that we asked for all leather; she kept repeating that the shoe should be made like this (with cloth lining). Everytime customers entered the shop, they would stop talking to us so we would not scare them away.

We ended up getting a small discount because we refused to leave and asked to see the owner (which was all of a sudden busy).

Bottom line, NEVER GO TO IMPRESSIONS BOUTIQUE - shoes made to measure at 97 Tran Hung Dao Street in Hoi An. We found out that the same owner also has HAPPY SOLES at 87, Tran Hung Dao.

TIP: Make sure you have all the details of your order written on your bill because the same person will deny everything the next day!

4 Thank wiki27