“Best food, best service”

STREETS Restaurant Cafe
Ranked #39 of 754 Restaurants in Hoi An
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: STREETS Restaurant Cafe features contemporary Vietnamese and International cuisine, in a beautifully restored Hoi An building which was designed to complement the warm and attentive service.All our guests have the added satisfaction of "Dining for a Cause" STREETS is an innovative social enterprise for street kids and other disadvantaged youth. Our HoiAn restaurant and regional training center provide a comprehensive 18-month culinary and hospitality program.
“Best food, best service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

We had been recommended Streets by a delightful Dutch couple we had met at another restaurant the night before and we are so grateful the sent us there! The restaurant is a little way out of the buzzy area and doesn't look much from the outside so we would never have gone without recommendation. Our meal was the best since we've been in the country - I started with squid rings and followed with the most exquisitely presented river fish fillet in a spicy ginger sauce. My wife had a spicy beef noodle starter and a chicken coconut curry and we shared a coconut ice-cream with a pineapple 'drizzle' - wonderful. Their home made 'sangria' hit the spot too and our bottle of Pinot was half the normal price of other local restaurants where the cost a bottle of something drinkable has made up two thirds of the entire bill! Our young waiter was an absolute delight and obviously took great pride in the restaurant.

• Visited February 2013

• Vietnamese first
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“Soup-er”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Lovely soup, stuffed with fresh herbs. A table by the road gives you a view perfect for people watching.Great value.

Visited January 2013
“Lovely food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant got an excellent location. Easy to find out. Staffs would recommend and offer fantastic food with ranges of choice and price. Almost of them could speak English pretty good.

1 Thank Kenesy
Sydney, Australia
“Great concept”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

We did the market tour with the trainee chefs which was fascinating and then had lunch at the restaurant. I loved watching the trainees shop for the food and then explain to us what it was they had bought and how they would prepare it.
Lunch was lovely
service was great
yes it was slightly more expensive than the street stall - this would be for a number of reasons! They are training these disadvantaged kids, they provide them with food, clothing, somewhere to live, medical care, they teach them basic life skills and hygiene so they have a higher overhead - and its still cheap food by western standards!

We sat in comfort, were waited on, chatted with the trainees who were very interesting and who didn't mind us asking questions about their culture. and had a lovely meal

• Visited January 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Risk your credit card being blocked”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

My family and I enjoyed the food and service, so much so that we went back a second time. However, after paying by credit card for the second meal it was blocked. I am adamant that I used the correct pin as I had done all along during our vacation, but the terminal kept saying the pin was incorrect. Their staff then said this was normal, encouraged me to just enter it thrice and then force payment by signature. This indeed worked, but after my return home my credit card company informed me that my card was blocked.
I have contacted the management about this upon my return but they said this was normal and also did not offer any form of compensentation.

So enjoy this restaurant but don't trust their credit card terminal.

• Visited January 2013