“Very good meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ganesh

Ganesh
Ranked #33 of 754 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Very good meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We love Indian food and have it a lot. We weren't disappointed here. Excellent food and service. We arrived early around 5:30 pm and it filled up quick. Bill and change was accurate. Going to go back again and again. A welcome break from Vietnamese food and many choices. The only thing lacking was atmosphere. It's pretty basic. Some better nice lighting would help but we'll worth going for food alone.

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Clontarf, Queensland
“A win for trip advisor and us!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Whilst staying in Hoi An, we met my wife's sister and partner and got in to the routine of each choosing a different restaurant each night. When It came to our turn and in the full knowledge of their love for curry, we researched through Trip Advisor and decided on Ganesh.

We were not let down. We rode our bikes to look at the place the day before and was informed by the waitress we should book, we were glad we did. We had a table close to the front and the street, the curries were magnificent, the menu extensive and the service impeccable. They offer all the trimmings, authentic taste and atmosphere.

Needless to say, our choice was appreciated so much, my sister-in-law booked for the following night as well! Enough said.

• Visited March 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Good indian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

The food here was really well cooked Indian. Spicy and well balanced flavours. The garlic naan was huge. I thought prices were great due to the size and quality of the meal. I will be back again. Much better than morning glory.

“Korma”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I ate here last night. It was very good indeed

I think it's the best Indian restaurant in Vietnam (I've tried quite a few).

I've eaten here before and know the portions are large so didn't overdo it too much with the ordering.

I had veggie samosas, which were very good. Nice pastry and very fresh tasting filling.

After this I thought I'd give the korma a go. I was not disappointed! It was delicious. Thick and creamy and lots of tender chicken.

I didn't order rice because I know that the breads are huge. So I just ordered the pashwari nan bread and, again, it was very very nice.

I still ended up having to leave a third of the bread and some of the korma and I am a big eater!

All up including two bottles of Saigon beer the cost was a just under $10.

A bargain.

Lerwick, United Kingdom
“The most satisfying Indian dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were in Ganesh twice - both times the food was fantastic
The Goan Curry I ordered had to be the tastiest fish curry I have ever had and the butter chicken was sublime. The Tandoori chickenis bursting with flavour and melts in your mouth.

The staff are very good here as well. They have been well trained compared with other restaurant staff in this part of the world. Our second visit was on a busy Saturday night and we were lucky to get a table. People seem to eat so early in Vietnam.
For 15GBP for 1 starter (more than big enough for 2),2 mains,1 rice,1 naan bread,1 beer and 1 wine was tremendous value. This food is better than I have had in a gourmet curry house in London where there wasnt any change out of 100GBP for 2 of us!

I thoroughly recommend this restaurant if you like Indian food. They ask you how you want your food - mild,medium or spicy.

• Visited March 2013