“Excellent food, great family run restaurant. Hidden gem!”
Review of Sun Shine - CLOSED

Sun Shine
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have never felt the urge to review a restaurant before but I had such great food at this lovely little place that I felt the need to tell everyone. Myself and my boyfriend decided to sample a few different dishes and we weren't disappointed. The food was fantastic. Hoi, the owner and be Chef came to speak to us before she started cooking and once she knew we liked spicy food she added fresh chilli to our dishes. I'd especially recommend the pork/beef wrapped in banana leaf and the Lao Cao was also particularly good. It wasn't just the food and ridiculously cheap beer that made this place so special. The staff are so friendly and take the time to chat to the customers. This is a hidden gem of a place and I'd urge you to find it when you're in Hoi An. The best meal we've had in Vietnam and definitely the friendliest staff. On top of all that the whole meal (we ate a lot!!) including 3 beers each cost us 180,000 dong (£5.50!)

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Paid 124.000 VND and had the white roses, pork with ginger and garlic, rice and the papaya salad... Washed down with a beer and large water. Sublime value for wonderful home cooked food. The waitress informed me it was cooked by her dad! Lovely family run operation... Shame it wasn't a bit fuller, although we had battled there through the mid day heat!

1  Thank AlltheHuehome
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This was a great place to eat and the walk getting there is even more exciting. It's down a small cute little street and the owner is so nice. She made my son delicious TOFU. It's really a great place to eat to get some real authentic food in a charming city. Great prices as well!
We loved it!!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Friendly owners with some DELICIOUS and cheap food. We ordered the garlic prawns, and lemongrass and chilli squid and it was hands down the best food we have eaten in vietnam. And probably the best prices too! Enough said. A must do in Hoi An.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Oh Micky you're so fine, you'rwe so fine you blow my mind. Hey Micky, hey hey Micky.
Good food, performing dog, charming host and very cheap beer. Need I say more? (The answer is 'no' by the way)