“Superb work and service”
Review of Trung Duc Couture

Trung Duc Couture
Ranked #43 of 427 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: At TRUNG DUC (R), expert tailor Mrs Lee will help you design an outfit to suit your style and always at her quality. The meaning of Trung Duc is "your style and our quality". Mrs Lee can make any type of outfit that you like, from everyday clothes to office attire, even wedding dresses. She always stocks plentiful reserves of cotton, wool, cashmere and silk from quality fabric suppliers around the world. Mrs Lee worked as a designer manager for a famous fashion house before starting her own business in Hoi An.
Reviewed January 14, 2013

You may bypass Trung Duc as they don't have the big, flashy premises of some the other tailors, however Lee who runs the business is superb. She made a number of complicated garments for me in fabric that we had brought with us - silk - and the workmanship was excellent. Lee doesn't push stuff on you and oversell, she just goes about her business in a quiet manner, makes great suggestions and is a pleasure to deal with. We also dealt with Fung who again is professional and lovely to deal with. I have only high praise for Trung Duc - the best tailor in Hoi An.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"final fitting"
"silk lining"

Reviewed January 10, 2013

First time in Hoi An, and to a tailor at that! Was told by my sister who has been to Hoi An a few times that this place was the best and I can see why! Lee and her staff were extremely kind, patient, and I was so happy with my white suit (copied perfectly from a picture looked up on the internet that day), vest and shirts ;) Visited a few times to try the suit on/fix up any issues (there were none...), and was offered water/a seat/free WiFi on each occasion. No language problems, professional, and on time. Check it out!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

As with many others, we arrived in Hoi An knowing that the town was renowned as place to get clothes made but were bewildered by the sheer number of tailor shops available. So I checked the reviews quickly to get some recommendations and looked no further than Trung Duc. Whilst maybe not the flashiest looking of the shops, the service was amazing and the jacket I ordered fitted really well and was of great quality. In 24 hours I was measured and had it adjusted several times, even a last minute adjustment at 10.30pm where Lee was happy to take it back overnight, make changes and deliver it before 8.30 the following morning in time for my flight. She also kept my measurements on record meaning that I will order more online when I return to the UK.

Thank you!

1  Thank LeahAndTom
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Li was extremely helpful and did a wonderful job on our clothing. We got a range of items made including a womens suit, two pair of men's pants, a summer dress, and two men's shirts.

The craftsmenship of the clothing was great. She was open to suggestions on how to make the clothing unique and tailored to the individual but also gave her own input on what would work best based on her experience. As an example, she included beautiful leather detailing on the men's pants.

The clothing has really held up since it was made - wore at least 30 times without any issues or wear.

While there are plenty of magazines to flip through there we would suggest having some pictures or example available on first meeting. We would suggest two full days to ensure tailoring can be done before leaving. Li wanted to ensure everything was perfect and ended up altering minor items 3 to 4 times for us before it was finished.

Overall would definitely go there again and will be ordering more online in the future.

1  Thank Chris G