“Good basic local food”

Mr. My Restaurant
Ranked #699 of 847 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Try the special spring rolls, very good. You pass it walking to the beach, after you have had to park your bike at the 'official" bike stands

Reviewed November 9, 2011

We had dinner at Mr My last night. It was pouring and we just went across our hotel and were not disappointed. The food was one of the tastiest we have had in a while. We shared a plate of vegetable nems for two and the we had the grilled squid and the tamarind shrimps. Mr My asked if we wanted rice and veggies, they were excellent too, but just be aware that they are counted extra. No big deal in the end. For two with beer we paid around 500,000vdn. The service is slow, which shows that all is done fresh. Go there, does not look like much, but the food is fantastic.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

My husband and I ate dinner at Mr. My with my sister and brother in law tonight. We had read the previous Trip Advisor reviews and were excited about the food. I had the shrimp with tamarind sauce and it was as good as previous posts said it would be. In fact, all the food was good, as was the service. Unfortunately, several weird things happened. One: they brought us 3 dishes we did not order. We ate two of them and sent the third back, refusing to eat it. So of course we expected to pay for the two we did not order but ate. Two: our bill had two items that were listed on the menu at 60,000 VND, but on the bill they were listed as 80,000 VND. Three: The math, adding up the total bill, seemed way higher than we expected, so we did the math ourselves and learned they had listed the total at 1.1 million VND when it was actually 800,000 VND. We reviewed the bill with our server and he agreed he had made a mistake on the math, and we only paid the 800,000 VND. So the food was great, but it still left a bad taste in our mouths as we felt we had been intentionally cheated in 3 ways. We would not go here again.

Reviewed February 23, 2011

We stayed at the Sea and Sand Hotel across the road and decided to skip our prepaid breakfast for MR MY's delicious food.

I first tried the Vietnamese coffee and the Pineapple Pancakes AND the BLT sandwich. All were amazing. We came back for lunch the next day and I had the spring rolls and chicken and rice dish and were amazed. The next morning I had the Apple Pancake and was once again knocked over by the taste.

MR MY and his family run a beautiful and immaculate restaraunt. The artwork on the walls was so good that we bought a piece that depicted a typical street in Hoi An.

Reviewed November 14, 2010

Food is great tasting and of good quality. Service is prompt and friendly.

Prices are listed on the menu so I don't see how you could be surprised at the price, which in our opinion was reasonable.