“Best meal in Danang”

Morning Glory Restaurant
Ranked #89 of 863 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Description: Street Food Restaurant owned and managed by Ms Vy (Trinh Diem Vy) who is also the owner and operator of The Cargo Club, Mermaid Restaurant and The Market Restaurant and Cooking School.
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We gave Morning Glory a try after it was recommended by our relative - and have absolutely no regrets doing so! How it is not better rated on Tripadvisor, I'm not sure! It was amazing!

The service was great and the waitresses were friendly, helpful and very attentive. The food was absolutely delicious and came very quickly. We particularly loved the barbecue pork wraps to start, and the crispy roast pork and prawn curry for mains. In fact we loved the place so much that we are going back day after tomorrow!

We highly recommend this restaurant for a good, relaxed, quality meal in Hoi An.

Write a ReviewReviews (11,803)

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I just had lunch at the Morning Glory restaurant in Hoi An. Excellent food.

I was not sure what to order as they have a very extensive menu, so I asked the waitress and she recommended the chicken curry and rice with local vegetables. Fantastic choice.

I accompanied this with a really nice Australian Chardonnay.

I asked again for some help with desert and she recommended the flambe bananas. Wow this was amazing.

I sat downstairs which was very hot and humid, but they do have AC upstairs.

What a great first meal in Hoi An.

Would thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

Well done everyone

Reviewed July 11, 2014

The food here was superb. We had the tasting menu and the kids sampled other bits and pieces. All the food was fabulous. The only factor that led to us not rating this place excellent was that due to the restaurant's huge popularity, we felt like the staff were trying to move us on as soon as the last mouthful hit our lips. Highly recommended. Go a later booking if you can.

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

I was immensely excited coming to Hoi An to visit the cultural sights and experience some decent local cuisine. We thought due to the well constructed menu, the establishment's layout, adequate amount of staff and lavish reviews it should be worth a visit. How mistaken we were. The food showed elements of balance and very clever flavour matching, though to our surprise the morning glory and our experience had been totally been depleted by 6:45pm! Cocktails were overly acidic and unbalanced, and were consistently getting items we didnt order.
The icing on the cake was the doorman who was pugnacious in his approach with no intent to help, but merely to sit people whether it be at M.G or usher people to the second cafe if there was no space. Knocked past me with arrogance with no apology.

No basing my total experience on that incident but i expected a great deal from morning glory

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We couldn't get a reservation until 8.30, which is later than we preferred but well worth the wait. The staff were very obliging even though we were a larger group. Everyone's meals arrived together and were delicious. Glad we waited!