“Delicious!”

Morning Glory Restaurant
Ranked #78 of 788 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Description: Street Food Restaurant and Cooking School. It is owned and managed by Ms Vy (Trinh Diem Vy) who is also the owner and operator of The Cargo Club, Mermaid Restaurant and The Market Restaurant and Cooking School.
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Delicious!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My friend and I ate at Morning Glory as SOON as we arrived in Hoi An, after hearing such amazing reviews from others. It definitely lived up to its reputation. Set in a beautiful street amongst gorgeous architecture, flowers, and beautiful scenery, the restaurant is as much a visual treat as it is amazing food. We tasted both some of the classic Vietnamese dishes as well as an amazing roasted eggplant dish that is highly recommended. My only disappointment is that I did not book a cooking class in advance and all of the spots were filled-- I will just have to go back!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Bangkok
“Great Vietnamese food in old town Hoi An”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Green mango salad, crab wontons and Hoi an chicken rice were all delicious, washed down with Larue beer. About $20 for two.

Kent, United Kingdom
“Ask for a table upstairs on the balcony. Wonderful view.”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Our third holiday to Hoi An, we went here in 2010 and it was just as good as last time. Great selection of Vietnamese dishes. Try the Vietnamese pancake it is the best. Word has got out that this is a good place to eat so it gets very busy. I would strongly advise you book a table as it is so popular. Some people went on our suggestion, they really enjoyed it but said service was a bit slow. We felt the service was fine and I am quite happy to sit for a while between courses. Am on holiday!!!

Thank M.C.Rose
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Overrated Hoi An Restaurant - Better Options Available”
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Morning glory is an overrated restaurant with a subpar experience.

This place is one of the top Hoi An restaurants in trip advisor but the food and service didn't show it. The wait staff was almost ignoring eye contact with us so they would not have to help. They were busy talking with each other.

The food was ok at best. We tried the morning glory and it was the worst morning glory I've ever had. I have lived in VN for over a year and have had outstanding morning glory so I know what I'm talking about.

The tables were really close together and the ambiance was nonexistent. It almost felt like a bright cafeteria. The prices were on the higher side for hoi an as well.

I would not recommend going there. There are much better dining experiences than this.

Toronto
“Great lunch in a lovely setting”
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended by our hotel receptionist--we were not disappointed! I loved my cao lau (vermicelli with grilled pork and peanuts and fresh salad and herbs) and my husband was blown away by his crispy pancake (banh xeo? not sure). My mum was a bit under the weather and ordered fish congee, which was so delicious she got her appetite back! We had just been at the Reaching Out cafe, where the service is so beautifully sincere it could bring tears to your eyes, so the rather more offhand and not-super-gracious waitresses at Morning Glory seemed a bit jarring. But in every other respect, I thought this ranked as a blowout lunch--and I've had a few!

• Visited April 2013