“So good we bought the cook book”

Morning Glory Restaurant
Ranked #90 of 863 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Description: Street Food Restaurant owned and managed by Ms Vy (Trinh Diem Vy) who is also the owner and operator of The Cargo Club, Mermaid Restaurant and The Market Restaurant and Cooking School.
Reviewed November 14, 2012

A busy restaurant with erratic service serving some of the best Vietnamese food we tasted. The owner aims to keep the spirit of street food alive and she manages it well. Bookings advised.

Write a ReviewReviews (11,823)

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Very expensive in comparison to the other restaurants we ate in but worth it. The selection of food was amazing and the tastes were mouth watering. Service wasn't so great and staff not as friendly as we'd come to expect. The food was definitely worth every dong.

Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

What can I say, my partner and I have just arrived back at our hotel room after the most exquisite dinner. The food was spectacular (crab wontons were sublime), the drink ls were fantastic, service was wonderful and the ambiance was just something else. We booked our table last night, we requested to be upstairs on the balcony, if you get the chance to do this, please do, it's something you will remember for a very long time. We ate our amazing food watching the people below go by, it honestly was great.
This was the second time in 1 week we had been here, the first with friends and again the food was amazing.
However I can't speak highly enough of the balcony experience with your partner, I will definitely be coming back to hoi an and morning glory will be my first meal upon my arrival :) smiles all round!!!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This restaurant operates like clockwork - walkie talkies alert upstairs staff that you're arriving and whether your food is ready. Everything we ordered was fresh, hot and delicious. The place is packed, so it's helpful to have a reservation, even if you make it half an hour ahead of time while you're strolling around town. Decent bottles of wine available at affordable prices, wonderful homemade recipes as well as traditional Vietnamese.

Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We came here as it was recommended in the Lonely Planet and it lived up to our expectations. The food was probably the best Vietnamese food experience we have had to date and so in the end we went there 3 times! The menu is extensive so there is always something new to try! The service was great and they have a beautiful cookbook I didn't buy it as no room in luggage but will definitely get it when I get home! I would love to try and recreate those meals. Excellent