“Back for a Second time”

Ranked #121 of 198 Specialty Lodging in Hoi An
Melbourne, Australia
“Back for a Second time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at Villa Hoa Su in 2011, loved it so much had to come back. We are glad we did, still absolutely love this place. The few little things people had gripes about seem to be fixed, outdoor bath cleaned etc. Loved the relaxed atmosphere, the breakfasts, the pool, the rooms, the service. Everything suites us - relaxing in the outdoor bath on a hot afternoon is bliss. I wouldn't recommend staying here with kids, probably not a lot for them to do. There are now a couple of extra rooms which are beautiful, but hopefully they don't build anymore as part of the charm and beauty of this place is that it is so small and personal. If we went back to Hoi An, we would definitely stay here and we will continue recommending this place as we have done since we stayed in 2011.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LenandCathieD

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Casablanca, Morocco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

An absolutely gorgeous little villa with only five rooms. Can't even tell how relaxing it is here. the pool is small but lovely and the fish in the ponds come in the morning for some bread crumbs.

The staff is very polite and attentive. Bicycles are free and motorbike is only 7USD per day.
Breakfasts are delicious with fresh bread, butter, jam, eggs and bacon (that's what we had) and there is a Vietnamese option - the noodle soup.
If you want dinner in the hotel you need to tell them in the morning and they will cook to order.

The rooms are great, spacious, with comfortable beds, air conditioners and beautiful lights. There is a shower and toilet in the room and the outdoor shower and a bathtub with are great during the day.

The beach (Cua Dai) is far. You need a motorbike to get there. I saw people riding their bicycles to the beach but I wouldn't advise it. I, personally, hate having to cycle more than two and a half km after a day of swimming and relaxing. To go to town is easier - you can get a taxi (the staff will call you one - it's about 56.000VND one way) or cycle. Again we used a motorbike. It's not very close either.

We asked if they could organize a trip to My Son and they could (30USD for a rented car with a driver).

All in all - if you are looking for a quiet getaway and don't mind being far from things - this is an ideal place!

Room Tip: all rooms are the same, all fantastic.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CanBe
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

Reluctant to write a review purely because this place is paradise in our mind and we don't want to share. For us everything was perfect, location - short can ride or bicycle ride in to town, breakfast great, recommend you try Vietnamese breakfast at least once, you won't be disappointed. Dine in one night absolutely fantastic. Staff are great. Outdoor bath is heaven. Can not fault this place. We stayed for 7 days and have booked for 7 again in 2012.

• Stayed July 2011
4 Thank LenandCathieD
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

Currently staying here. Picked this place from TA reviews and was not disappointed. Better and more beautiful than the pictures. Only 5 rooms so feels like home. Beautifully landscaped with an amazing pool. Great to relax in after a day out. The outdoor bathroom is wonderful. Very romantic. We have had dinner here two nights and the food is so fresh and tasty. Bon and Tu are both fantastic people who can't do enough to help you. A bit out of town but only about 2 or 3 dollars in the taxi and being out of town is part of it's beauty. A peaceful romantic piece of paradise not to be missed. Thank you for the beautiful flowers you gave me on arrival to celebrate my 25 wedding anniversary!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LeighJIngham
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

It's a great villa with just 5 rooms, so you feel like it's your own place! The pool-within-a-fish-pond is really cool...I've not seen that idea before. The room was a great size and I loved the outdoor shower Bong was really friendly and hospitable. I used one of the villa bikes and rode to Cu dai beach one afternoon which was easy. A aussie family also staying had one of their sons with a funny tummy, and the staff made him some rice congee/soup which I thought was really sweet. It's on the outskirts of old town - but less than a 5 min taxi at less than 50,000 dong - so a couple of dollars.

Be sure to go during full moon /lantern festival. My visit was at Autumn festival so there were loads of kids in lion/dragon costumes dancing around in addition to the lanterns on the river.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

This place has nice grounds, but is very overpriced at $75 per night! The breakfast is average at best: scrambled eggs, dry bread, sludgy coffee, and a bit of fruit. Also, it is a bit far from the tourist area of Hoi An (a taxi is necessary at $2-3 each way). In addition, there was construction at 7 am every morning and the pool was really dirty. We were afraid to swim because we could not see the bottom. It was obvious that they did not clean because there was a dead dragonfly in our outside tub that stayed there all three nights! I am certain that there are much better hotels in Hoi an for the same price or cheaper.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank thoth182
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed here for the first three nights in Hoi An. I had read lots of reviews on TA and found and decided to pick this 'homy local, yet small luxuary B&B' with understanding of 'less towel' and ' need-asking' issue.

Some part of my expectation were met.
The luxury of design and accommodation, beautiful garden setting, quiet and secluded, people are nice but not bothering you to much.
At the first glimpse of the room( it was already dark, so not the garden) , I thought ' Hey, I do not need to fuss about The Nam Hai!'.

But....I had not expected unproffecional cleaning of the room.
I do not question hygene, I just mean no-mind-to-do-the-cleaning thing.
It was a shame, almost sad to see these beautiful furniture's got days or weeks of dust.
I am not a good or keen cleaner my self, but everyone can notice such level of negligence.
The people are very nice here, even an old man with less English was keen to help you, and I do not think they are cheaty at all. If there is anything wrong, it can be mistakes, here.
Yes, there are mixed reviews here, I noticed there were hit and miss.
But I did not think my expectation did not get meeted in this way.
I just wanted homey hospitality in the beautiful setting. Do you clean your room for you or your guest in your own house in this way?
So I can not help rating the value(in terms of cost) of this place is not good. If it had been cleaned properly, I would have raised two thums up.

By the way, if you like local breakfast, ask them the day before. We enjoyed their Ho noodle for breakfast very much. It was even better than the one in beach resort hotel.
Bed & Breakfast. You can get at least the latter B here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family