“Have a Laugh, Seriously”
Review of Laugh Cafe Restaurant - CLOSED

Laugh Cafe Restaurant
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Laugh Cafe was set up in 2007 to provide hospitality training to Vietnamese youth. Many young people from the area around Hoi An and Danang come to Hoi An seeking work in the tourist industry. With minimal English and no experience they can only find work in menial positions. Laugh Cafe offers training in hospitality English, service skills, safety and hygiene, restaurant and kitchen management and cooking skills. When our trainees leave we help them find a job in the area that the area that they wish to work in.Laugh Cafe is supported by MAD Indochina, an Australian NGO.
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I adore Vietnamese food and the time has come that I went to the motherland of Vietnamese food. I tried their eggplant in the clay pot and it was really delicious and now I want to live in Hoi An and eat Vietnamese food every single day. I also learned that they offered cooking classes but I was going to leave in 2 days so I can’t find the time to explore some more the native dishes. The price is also a factor, it’s very budget friendly. For a tourist destination restaurant, the price is really affordable and cheap. I ordered more than I could finish. I recommend their noodle soup.

1  Thank MitchellKurt2014

Reviewed January 13, 2014

What can I say? Probably the best meal we had in Hoi An. Menu is broad, portions are generous, food is very very delicious and service is genuine - nothing fake about this place. If you're in Hoi An, you must eat here. Must. You'll thank yourself afterwards.

1  Thank TheAlchemy
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is a great place for veg. Food and authentic Vietnamese cuisine. It is also a social enterprise in which youngsters can earn money while learning hands-on how to run a restaurant.
I hope this and other such ventures contribute to run successfully.
Cheers :)

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We had two different local specialities - the Baun Xeo (spelling maybe wrong?) and the Bun (noodle dish). It was very delicious and we paid less than other places in Hoi An.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Had a meal here one evening and LOVED the food- honestly the best meal we have had since arriving in Vietnam. We had spring rolls, beef and vegetables with rice and noodles and banana pancakes and ice cream for dessert. All washed down with a few beers. We were stuffed!!
We loved it so much that we went back the next day for cookery class with Hui- fabulous. Only 2 of us and Hui in the kitchen. Compared to other cookery classes which are held in restaurants as others eat their meals and talk loudly, this class was completely hands- on. Hui was very patient and we learnt loads.
We ate our delicious hand-made meals whilst chatting to the waitress Lai- she taught us some Vietnamese, we taught her some new English words.
We highly recommend this place for food and cookery classes!! It is so so cheap compared to places nearby and the food was so fresh and tasty.