Tripadvisor
Hoi An

“Great Irish band and excellent environment”

The Shamrock Irish Pub Hoi An
Ranked #516 of 1,271 Restaurants in Hoi An
Description: The Shamrock Irish Pub is Vietnam's Premier Irish Establishment, serving quintessential Irish Pub Food, Craft Beer and Pints of Guinness! Good selection of draught beers and whiskies. Accoustic live music nights.
Reviewed January 21, 2020

I went here after Dive Bar and really liked this place also. The live band was outstanding. A talented trio of singers performing Irish and contemporary songs. There was a big crowd that enjoyed the show too.

Date of visit: January 2020
ToVGroup, Owner at The Shamrock Irish Pub Hoi An, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for submitting your kind review and rating of the Shamrock Irish Pub. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the live music!

Write a reviewReviews (178)

Reviewed January 1, 2020

I can not write about the food as I didn't eat in this restaurant on my last visit to Hoian in December 2019. I have eaten there several times before on previous trips to Hoian. I had a chicken curry there 3 years and I would say it was close to the best chicken curry that I have eaten, it was delicoius and full of flavour. this time all I did was interact with the staff and enjoy a few cold beers whilst listening to live music. Yes the prices are higher at the bar than most other palces in Hoian but you also get "live music" a wonderful atmosphere and yes you are away from the crazy tourist bridge and markets. I would and do recommend this place to other travellers.

Date of visit: December 2019

Thank you so much for coming back to our bar Steve. We always like to hear from our returning customers.
We hope that your Dec2019 trip was yet again another relaxing time away from home :)

Reviewed December 24, 2019

The service here is dreadful. I was pushed out of the way twice by the waiters as I tried to make my way to the toilet. I understand you are busy but I do not expect to be physically pushed by staff anywhere. My partner ordered a burger and found glass in the middle of the beef Patty as he was chewing it. We told the staff and they took the burger away, then tried to tell us it was because our glass was broken (I assume so they could charge us for another burger ?). I had to take the glasses and show that they were not chipped or broken for them to take the burger off the bill. I was shocked by the way we were treated here, every interaction with staff was met with rudeness I have not seen anywhere else in Vietnam.

Date of visit: December 2019
ToVGroup, General Manager at The Shamrock Irish Pub Hoi An, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2019

Dear HannahcW.

Your review has been taken extremely seriously, I have discussed this matter with the on duty manager and reviewed the security footage.
We surpass F&B health and safety standards, our restaurant is audited several times are year by an external party.

We do not condone your claim, especially with the demands made by holding us at ransom to submit negative reviews if we do not provide more free alcoholic beverages after we had already provided a replacement burger and drinks.

Reviewed December 22, 2019 via mobile

It is hard to understand that a restaurant with a good location, cosy atmosphere, live music and a good selection of different drinks and beers can underperform that much on cooking skills. The menu card looks nice (very conceptual) but the served dishes do not live up to minimum expected standards.

Hi Mettep,

I am very sorry for the poor cooking skills of our kitchen staff on the day of your visit to our restaurant.
I am more then confident that if you had raised the issue to our duty manager they would have resolved the issue for you.

Wishing you a pleasant holiday :)

Reviewed December 19, 2019 via mobile

90000 vnd coffee and water???????? ok theres a catalogue but in my eyes a bottle of water 40000 is to much.i accept put the beer or coffee expensive but water is something a humsn needs.i dont like to buy from the street and sit on the table to drink

Hi Athas,

Our venue offers a wide range of entertainment, facilities and is situated in a prime location. The menu lists the prices clearly.