“Amazing Way to experience Vietnam!”

Hoi An Motorbike Adventures
Hai Van Pass Explorer by Jeep
Ranked #3 of 89 Food & Drink in Hoi An
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: See the real Vietnam with Hoi An Motorbike Adventures! Get off the beaten tourist track and experience the real Vietnam first hand. Our motorcycle and Jeep tours enable you to leave the tourist trail behind and see parts of Vietnam that few other travellers get to see. Riding a motorbike or travelling in a Jeep brings you closer to the real Vietnam. The motorbike is the number-one form of transport in Vietnam, and as you high-five local children as you ride through their villages, you'll be happy you decided not to travel by car. Stop where you want, when you want. You don't have to be a motocross champion either. Our tours can be tailored to every level of experience, from non-riders who can ride as pillion passengers to off-road riders who are looking for a real challenge. Motorcycle tours are flexible by nature - you can take one road or another, depending on what the group wants to ride. Our rides run from half a day to a week, and the possibilities are endless.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

My Wife and I went on a motorbike tour with Mark 2. Mark 2 was knowledgeable and passionate with all areas we visited. We had a great time travelling on trail bikes in the hustle and bustle of city streets on the commute out to the more remote regions where the fun truly began. Local children racing out of their driveways to give you a hi 5, ancient temples, rice fields, abandoned airstrips, river crosses by floats and bridges....and an amazing lunch stop for some authentic Vietnamese food. Plenty of drink stops also so always hydrated which was great. This motorbike trip is a must do and the only way to get the complete genuine feel of the vietnam lifestyle and to end the day a beer or soft drink back at the garage. Thanks Mark 2, looking forward to another adventure with you guys in the future!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

My mate and I spent a long time deciding which motorbike tour we would do in Vietnam. We were long tossing up between an Easy Ride tour, which came with a slightly cheaper price tag, or with Hoi An Motorbike Adventures which came with so many 5 star ratings on Trip Advisor. Needless to say, we chose Hoi An Motorbike Adventures 3 night/4 day loop tour, Hoi An - Hue. And what can I say? Best money we ever spent :)

Hawkmoon, an English expat, was such a fantastic guide. His extensive knowledge of Vietnam not only evidenced his experience as a guide, but also his love of the country. Everywhere we visited came with a story from Hawk, whether it be a lesson on the Vietnam War, or simply a fun fact about the locals. It was so great to learn so much about all the fabulous places we got to see, and hear it from someone who had an obvious passion for the country's people and their history.

While the parts of the country we rode through really made us feel adventurous and like we were being privy to places so few westerners had been before, so too did we feel comfortable and provided for at all times. The extra money we spent on this tour was well worth it. Everything was provided for, right from our accommodation each night and wet weather gear, to all meals and snacks throughout the day. Even in the most remote places my chocolate cravings I the late arvo were catered for! The only money we spent was on alcohol, which we enjoyed each night with not only Hawk and our talented mechanic Yipee, but also the local families from where we stayed some nights, and then backpackers in local bars on others.

Along the way we did see other tourists on Easy Rider tours and very quickly my mate and I agreed that the advantages of our tour were oh so evident! From the riding gear obviously not advised on and/or supplied, to the bikes ridden (most appeared to be a mishmash, some on scooters others riding pillion on their guides bike). In regards to the route taken over our 4 day journey from Hoi An to Hue, while other tours seemed to be rather similar on the first day or two, riding on the Ho Chi Minh Trail/Road, we quickly lost any others on the road for the final two days; Hawk led us down local lane ways through remote villages, countless twists and turns through rice fields and the like, and on the last day, coastal dirt tracks.

This was undoubtably the highlight of our three week Vietnam trip. I simply cannot stop telling people how fantastic it was. I myself had never been on a motorbike for more than 5 minutes (I rode pillion), and every day after the first of this tour, I simply couldn't wait to get back on the bike! Just AMAZING.

1  Thank EmilyJane8899
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Starting in the South & finishing the North of Vietnam in April of 2013, 'Hoi An' was definitely on our list of places to visit - as was some form of motorbike-related exploration. We discovered 'Hoi! An Motorbike Adventures' via Lonely Planet, & subsequently chose the 'Mountains & Delta Explorer' 1 day tour. What a fantastic & fascinating day out! Our brilliant & informative guide Craig (the guy with the tats :) ) shared informative Vietnamese history & also recounted some great personal anecdotes that often had us smiling. The day out flowed well because of this. Our tireless & equally great mechanic Tien (Bi) was also good company to hang out with & kept the bikes going over the course of the day. In fact, he worked non-stop throughout the day. (The stops are half the fun & mean that you often have time to soak-up & take in the surrounds when you'd normally just be traveling through! Thanks again guys for a wonderful day. My wife & I thoroughly enjoyed the experience & it was certainly at the top of my highlights in the Vietnam experience. Hoping to get back for another tour very soon!! Cheers Stewart

Reviewed April 11, 2014

We did the 7 day tour with Tony 18mths ago loved it so much we're back to do it again. Chose the 5 day Jungle Adventure Loop this time our guide Hawkmoon. Well we were happy last time with everything but they've even improved it. What I like is they aren't content to just keep on doing the same they search out better hotels, better food, better coffee stops, different / better tracks this is what makes them stand out. Their moto is "Best ride in Vietnam & " See the real Vietnam". Each guide has their own special qualities & Hawkmoon didnt dissapoint this guy knows his Vietnamese history & he's English! Not only are the tour guides fantastic but we love the mechanics Mr Sau the legend first tour & now the adorable Thien. Thanks Mark & your team just keep doing what your doing.

1  Thank vineymk
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I traveled to Vietnam for three weeks in March 2014, originally planning on riding a motorcycle the entire time. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to abandon that plan, and instead went hunting for good rides throughout my journey. I had a great ride in the northern mountains, then suffered through a couple truly crappy bikes run by shoddy companies. Upon coming south, I found Hoi An Motorbike Adventures. Mark and his team are true professionals, and real bikers, not just some guys who make money by renting battered motorcycles to tourists. It was great to be on a proper dirt bike again, and our guide, Hawkmoon, was a fantastic traveling companion--knowledgeable, personable, and friendly. My only regret is that I had to make it a day trip, and couldn't go on a multi-day tour around Hoi An.