“Must-do in Hoi An!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hoi An Village Adventure Tracks Motorbike Tour
Ranked #2 of 75 Food & Drink in Hoi An
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: See the real Vietnam with Hoi An Motorbike Adventures! Get off the beaten tourist track and experience the real Vietnam first hand. Our motorcycle and Jeep tours enable you to leave the tourist trail behind and see parts of Vietnam that few other travellers get to see. Riding a motorbike or travelling in a Jeep brings you closer to the real Vietnam. The motorbike is the number-one form of transport in Vietnam, and as you high-five local children as you ride through their villages, you'll be happy you decided not to travel by car. Stop where you want, when you want. You don't have to be a motocross champion either. Our tours can be tailored to every level of experience, from non-riders who can ride as pillion passengers to off-road riders who are looking for a real challenge. Motorcycle tours are flexible by nature - you can take one road or another, depending on what the group wants to ride. Our rides run from half a day to a week, and the possibilities are endless.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Auckland, New Zealand
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Must-do in Hoi An!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Our family of six (kids aged 16, 13 and twins 8 years) did the half day afternoon tour. My husband rode himself and the rest of us rode on the back with local guides. It was the first time my kids had been on the back of a motorbike and what better place to do it! We all had the best afternoon with the kids still saying it was the best thing we've done over our three weeks in Vietnam. Everything went smoothly ie Internet booking, guides, etc. Safety can't be questioned and they had the right size helmets for the twins. It was a real experience for all of us and showed us parts of Vietnam that we wouldn't have seen otherwise. When I come back to Vietnam, we will come here specifically to do a longer ride them. A must do!!

Visited January 2013

• Korean first
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great guide and fantastic way to see the surrounding country side”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We booked this tour (half day sunset tour) and had an excellent time. Our tour guide Deano (Australia bloke) knew a lot about the local Vietnamese way of life which made the trip very interesting. We saw so many beautiful sights and even got a cuddle from a local 84 year old woman. Navigating some of the traffic was interesting, but there was an additional guide with us so we were always safe. It was good value for money because Deano let the boys go faster and actually have some fun on their bikes. As apposed to other tours were the pace can be painfully slow. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who has never ridden a bike before as I think it would be too challenging. I consider myself a competent motorbiker after years of mustering cattle and sheep on the farm back home. I took one of the Russian minx bikes, it took me a while to get used to it, but once I got the hang of it it was fine.

When we got back to the shed we were all given a beer and had a good chat with the fantastic staff. I could have easily stayed and had a few more beers but we had to get back for some fittings.

All in all definately a great way to see some country!!

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“An awesome way to see the sights!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I took the half day tour around Hoi An with my sister one afternoon when we had no other plans and loved it. Our tour guide Leanne (sorry if my spelling is wrong!) was wonderful. I had ridden only once or twice before so she gave me a quick run down on how to ride a scooter and when to use the horn (always). My sister rode on the back of a motorcycle with a driver as she wasn't comfortable riding herself and wanted to take pictures. Once I felt comfortable on the scooter we were ready to leave. We spent the afternoon riding around the villages outside Hoi An, waving to the locals, dodging cattle and just taking it all in. It was great to get out of the city and see what life is like in the villages. Leanne knew her stuff and was a great guide and it was worth every minute we spent. Next time though I think I'd choose a longer tour!

Visited December 2012
Beuningen
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Don't miss this !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

A bit late, but it would be a crime not to rate this company and its motorbike trips.
We did the Higher than Hai Van Pass tour together with Hawkmoon, our English tourguide, a very nice Vietnamese gentleman who drove around with my wife on the buddy seat, and a mechanic. The latter was necessary because I drove around on an old Minsk motorbike. True, the brakes weren't that good, and in between the four gears there were probably 100's of idles (not my joke, but Hawkmoon's), but we had an extremely nice day driving around in the Vietnamese country around Hoi An.
I hadn't driven a motorcycle in 15 years or so, but got the hang of it very quickly again. The bikes are simple enough and stable enough to get on them and ride away in no time.
One big compliment goes to the guides Hawkmoon and the Vietnamese gentleman of which I forgot the name. When approaching roundabouts and crossroads they were very protective. They are of course used to driving a bike in the hectic Vietnamese traffic. I wasn't ! Because they were paying so much attention to my safety, I haven't felt insecure for one second.
Not only did they take us for a ride, but they were also knowledgeable guides. We visited some interesting places along the way.
Nice touch is also that after your trip you get an email with a GPS file you can use in Google Earth so you know where you've been.
If we ever come back, we will most certainly do another trip with them !

Thanks for the wonderful day, guys. Hope to see you again !

Visited September 2012
Bendigo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Mountains and delta tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Myself and my wife took this tour with some friends and had a really great time. mark 2 was great as a guide, making sure we were all safe and stopping at different points to share his knowledge of the country. I can highly recommend this tour for both experienced riders and novice riders as there is something for all. Not to mention all the great sights too see that you just don't get on other tours. Well done to all involved in making this tour what it is.

Visited January 2013