“Memorable dinner in secret alley middle of old quarter”
Review of Secret Garden

Secret Garden
Ranked #166 of 1,246 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Opened from Jan 18th 2009, we were serving authentic Vietnamese foods with a large drink-menu of 78 wine names from 17 countries and 36 selected international cocktails. We also operate daily cooking course with capacity of under 8 participants per class. A venue of fine dining place, tranquil privacy in an atmosphere of greenery and live music performed by the best classic guitarist in town. For further information, please find us on internet. The access can be found easily in one of three alleys next to 69 Phan Chu Trinh.St, or 56 Le Loi.St, or 130 Tran Phu.St. Please donot mistake ours with the mimic restaurant nearby us, which was recently opened with very similar name. We are isolated Secret Garden in Hoi An, legally opened from 2009 hereby warming welcome you.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I reserved a table for 2 for a romantic dinner with my loved one and we got a memorable time there. Food was great especially potato soup! Tom (manager there I think) was very attentive and kind to assist us in a very friendly way which creates a comfortable atmosphere during the meal! Thanks for warm hospitality and highly recommended!

1  Thank GiangHung
Write a reviewReviews (1,997)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Beautiful restaurant, away from the busy shopping area of the Old Town of Hoi An. Had some really nice pork-ribs and a nice spiced chicken leg. The main coarses were great. However, the desserts (we had the mangomisu the lychee cheesecake) were a bit on the small side, although they were very tasty. Also the prices of the beers were pretty high in comparising with other restaurants throughout Vietnam, but still alot cheaper then in Europe. Would definatly eat here again on future trips to Hoi An.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went here with some family and friends after reading some of the reviews. the restaurant is in a pleasant garden setting but to be honest, average and overpriced for what is offered. The beer and wine were also more expensive than similar restaurants in the town and were not very cold when served. When I mentioned this to the waiter, he told me that they had problems with their fridge not working properly (not really an excuse) and I had to put ice cubes in my beer. In my opinion, the food was OK, but just about average. I had much better meal experiences during my visit to Hoi An. I'm sure the owner will write some kind of snide remark as a response as he seems to do with every review which has any kind of criticism.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I went to secret garden the second time. The first was at HCMC city.
The menu was slightly different.

I like the ambience, the greenery and look.

The recommendations given was fairly good.

I really liked the main course and desert as well as salad.

It was quite pricey but it was a nice experience. I paid 580k dong for all the things I ordered.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went at the secret garden at our first night in Hoi An.
We liked it so much that we came back the second night. In the « traffic-jam » of Hoi An, it’s an amazing place to finish your day. The food is more than fancy, the service is impeccable ( and... we are... french people so we devote a real attention to those things).
It was my mom’s birthday on the second night, and by the way, the first time
I was far away from her during this important day. the whole Secret Garden team prepare an amazing plate with their signature cake, wrote an Happy Birthday s message on it and they sang with us a song for her. A lovely moment ( with an incredible humanity and love/fun to share).
We recommand more than 1000% this place guys if you love life’s good things :)

A real special thanks to : Ms Nhú, Vui, Ly, Ngà, Dào, Ni, Dung and Túóng !!!!! ❤️
France is waiting for you :))