“Great food served by wonderful staff”

The Temple Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 1,170 Restaurants in Hoi An
Description: Inspired by Western Europe, our fine dining international fusion restaurant and lounge bar embraces exceptional culinary diversity from around the globe. The flavors of Asia are wonderfully blended with sophisticated French cuisine, simplicity of Italian classics and other European fare. The Temple embodies a modern classy feel with an Asian, almost colonial, twist. The color scheme and design blends with the east wing townhouse villas where the restaurant is located. A series of doors and windows open out onto the central pool enhancing the space. The restaurant name is inspired by the nearby community house which acts as the neighborhood traditional place of worship.
Reviewed April 21, 2018

We were fortunate enough to have stayed at this beautiful hotel La Siesta with the added bonus of two restaurants. The existing Red Bean which is great but now the new Temple Restaurant. We were treated to such wonderful food and service at both but the Temple restauarant is in such a wonderful setting, so romantic. It is located at the end of town but the taxi cost is 20/30000 dong, around sterling £1. You must go!!!

1  Thank maddiemoo

Reviewed April 13, 2018

nice location by the pool, good choices, eat here a couple of times including breakfasts, all good, just service was annoying slow, but other than that very nice

Reviewed April 12, 2018

We just got back from a family vacation (17 of us) where we toured Vietnam and stayed in 5 different "4 star Hotels". While in Hoi An we stayed at La Siesta Hotel which was by far the best Hotel we stayed at anywhere in Vietnam. Please see my review for that as well.
We at breakfast and had drinks at The Temple Restaurant since it was there at our hotel and super convenient.
Hands down the breakfasts were far and away the best of all the restaurants we ate at in Vietnam.
Breakfast was served Buffet style and there was more than enough variety to satisfy all of us and we comprise everything from Vegan to carnivore and all in between in my family.
The Papaya salad and Mango salad were just pure bliss - absolutely amazing - better than the Papaya salads we had eaten anywhere in the world - and yes that includes Thailand.
They had a guy making omelets & Pho and these were excellent as well. They had standard American stuff (bacon, eggs, potatoes, etc) for those less adventurous such as the kids.
Me? I ate everything and it was simply awesome. I gained 6 pounds on this trip and the bulk of it was due to the temple restaurant - I just couldn't stop eating it - it was so darned good...seconds, thirds and even 4ths one morning...yup I just pigged out...and you will too if you go here.
The food is incredibly fresh and flavorful - my hat is off to the Chef - if he / she ever reads this, I want to thank you and let you know that your skill ranks in the top 10 of my food experiences anywhere in the world.
The staff is very attentive and watchful. They know if you need anything almost immediately and you don't have to wait to find someone to summon - they are already there to help. They are friendly, courteous, and fast.
There is a happy hour for drinks and I recommend you take advantage of it. The drinks are good for Vietnam. They are not world class drinks at all but they are the best I had while in Vietnam. For some reason Vietnam as a whole really lacks the ability to make a real Pina Colada, or a MaiTai, or a Long Island ice tea, or really any standard drink. I don't know why - maybe they aren't drinkers, BUT they do make tropical Vietnamese local drinks and those were good.
So long story short, The Temple Restaurant was simply fantastic with excellent food and service and better than all the restaurants we ate at in the downtown area of Hoi An.
Do yourself a favor and go here - you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Nicholas G
Reviewed April 11, 2018

The restaurant is part of the La Siesta Hotel complex, which is reviewed separately. The requirement for me is Octo, Lacto Vegetarian, for which they had a few items on their menu. The one I chose, did (on the menu) contain beef, so I asked for it to be made as a vegetarian meal. It was a shell like pasta with broccoli, green beans, mushrooms and baby potato's all in a cream sauce made with mustard. It's one of the best meals I've had in a restaurant and to top that off it was very cheap. My companions ate a meat meal, which they also said was very good. Enough said, that we returned a couple of days later, I had the same, my adult daughter had the same meal as I had, but with the beef. I know my wife would have had a similar meal as before. On both occasions, the head waiter who was a female, guided us back to the hotel, to ensure we arrived safely.

Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

Love the food options, price and quality!
Breakfast every day at this restaurant was awesome, not just the same things everyday, they changed fruits choices everyday for example and other things too - I really liked this.
Quality of food with room service and in the restaurant for lunch and dinner was really good, could not fault it only praise!