“Top tailors”

A Dong Silk Tailors
Ranked #3 of 423 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A Dong Silk is one of the leaders in custom tailoring, we provide the modern garments with high quality and 24 hours turnaround. A Dong Silk achieves this philosophy by bringing together Hoi An's most skilled tailors, working together to build the best living and working environments, creating quality products, and providing customers with lasting impressions and wonderful experiences. We treat our employees with respect and our customers with appreciation. You can find us on: Head office: 62 Tran Hung Dao - Hoian - Vietnam Branch 1: 91 Tran Hung Dao - Hoian - Vietnam Branch 2: 40 Le Loi - Hoian - Vietnam
Reviewed December 17, 2013

A friendly and professional service from start to finish. 1 men's suit, 4 shirts, and a ladies jacket all for £185.00. Great quality, perfect fit, and all completed in 24 hours. fantastic.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
ADongSilkTailoring, Owner at A Dong Silk Tailors, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Boyceejohn,

Thank you for taking time to share your satisfied experience with us.

We know that there are many choice of tailor shop in Hoi an and we do appreciate that you have chosen us even though the prices are little bit higher than others. We have invested in the machines, managements, training and marketing activities that differentiate with others tailors in Hoian. We hope that your will satisfy with your garment during the time of using

Look forwards to receiving your recommendation

Here's wishing you all the joys of the season. Wish you and your family a Merry Christmas!

Best regards

A Dong Silk

Write a ReviewReviews (3,351)

Reviewed December 17, 2013

The work was done very well and the quality is also nice. The tailors were extremely friendly.
A dong silk tailors is more expensive than other tailors but definitely worth the price.
I recommend it also to my familiy and friends.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
ADongSilkTailoring, Owner at A Dong Silk Tailors, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear rlf2013,

Thank you for you kind review.

We enjoy working with you and hope we can continue to have opportunities to work together. If I can be of any assistance in inquiries or discussions about how to meet additional needs, please don't hesitate to contact us.

We look forwards to receiving more online outfits from you.

Wishing you the best

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I had 4 shirts made here and my sister had 2. I was convinced that the quality of material was high considering I chose the material priced at $50 per shirt (although i managed to bargain them down to $25 per shirt once I ordered 6). I gave them 2 different shirts to copy.

Once the shirts were made i realised that the quality of material was very poor. Even worse, the tailoring was not good and the service was very frustrating. I had to come back for multiple (4-5 fittings) to deal with the same issues over and over.

At the second fitting I had to ask for them to put facing in the collar and cuffs because they were limp and floppy. I was told that they were simply copying the shirt that i had asked them to copy which didn't have facing in the collar or cuffs. Of course the shirt they were copying was of much better quality and i would have though that they would recognise this (being professional tailors) without me having to find out for myself. A similar incident happened with my other design. In short, you can not expect to rely on them for any expert advice at all!

I then expressed my concern over the cuffs as I wanted them to fold up and then button up. they hadn't cut the button holes yet and i couldn't see how it would work, but I was assured that it would be fine. When they came back, the buttons and button holes were placed on the wrong sides and they were trying to convince me to twist it around and force the cuffs to sit in a ridiculous manner to achieve what i wanted. When i refused this they offered another ridiculous solution to avoid redoing the cuffs. I had to argue the point strongly for quite some time before convincing them that they needed to be replaced. This was extremely frustrating.

My sister had more luck with her shirts as she had a different person measuring her. Although the quality of material for her shirts is quite poor too especially in comparison to other shirts we had made at another tailors for half the price.

Upon paying for the shirts were were asked to give feedback which I did. This lady was much more helpful (I guess it depends on who you get) and made some alterations to one of my shirts which certainly did improve the look of it. However this did not make up for the frustrating time spent at this shop which is one of the best reviewed and most expensive in town.

Dear BamBamBelial,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to our service & product quality.

At A Dong Silk, we take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations.

As a testament to our strive for perfection, we have taken steps to ensure that this will never happen again

We deeply value your relationship with A Dong Silk and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best. If you have any further questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to discuss it with us.
We wish you the best for Christmas & New Year.

Best regards

Reviewed December 16, 2013

My sports coat made at Dong Silk Tailors was a quality product delivered promptly by friendly and professional staff
Peter Marshall

Dear Peter M,

It has been a pleasure taking care of your coming.

The growth we've experienced over the years is because of customers like you, who faithfully support our business.

We appreciate your trust, and we’ll do our best to continue to give you the kind of service you deserve.

Thanks again,

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Thank you very much everybody at A Dong Silk. The suits and shirts arrived and they look majestic. I couldn’t be happier with the quality of the materials or the fine workmanship. I would especially like to thank Son and Thuy, who went to great lengths to ensure they had all the information needed to create the garments precisely as I requested. His attention to fine detail is much appreciated.
Also, the packaging was very secure and the suits arrived in perfect condition. I couldn't be more satisfied.

1  Thank paul p
ADongSilkTailoring, Owner at A Dong Silk Tailors, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear paul p

We would like to say thanks for your positive review.

We believe that the first you have placed with us, you will be satisfied what have done. We have quality management system ISO 9001 – 2008 and measurement control system. So, we’d like add you measurement in our data. You will find, we are sure, the quality of the product and the advantages of the system exactly by order online.

We hope the service which we have done will be so satisfactory. Best wishes to you and your family on Christmas & New year

Sincerely