“Perfect service and food”

CAVA Restaurant & WineCafe
Ranked #175 of 839 Restaurants in Hoi An
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: Dine in the Chefs House. Great food with Wine as an essential part. Vietnamese/Western Seafood and Tapas. Relaxed and Quite surroundings off the beaten track.
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We were (very strangely) the only visitors that evening. Had a sea-food platter and also deep fried sardines with aioli. Staff were very professional, sweet and helpful and the food was absolutely fantastic. The prices were low for european standards, but expensive in Vietnamese standards.

There are newer reviews for CAVA Restaurant & WineCafe

Reviewed April 13, 2014

The food was fantastic and the setting was great. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone, particularly for a romantic meal in Hoi An.

1  Thank RebeccaLuce
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Ate hear on our penultimate night in Hoi An after a glowing review in Rough Guide.

Had the calamari and shrimp for starter - delicious. Shrimp curry for main course was tasty, but not incredible. Though you did get a generous portion of huge shrimp which were great. Also the curry came with Tamarind paste which spiced it up a little.

The restaurant was lacking in atmosphere a little. It's also slightly more expensive than some of the other restaurants in Hoi An which I don't think is necessarily reflected in better food.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I had the seafood platter for one and my wife had the Chicken Gorgonzola. We both really enjoyed our dishes. We had the calamari as an appetizer and it was some of the best I've ever had. I was pleased to have more calamari one the seafood platter. The shrimp and clams were also very tasty. We went during a week night and it wasn't very crowded at all. Service was good and we had a really nice time. The outdoor seating was very scenic, but a bit dark. Lovely tropical plants around the outdoor courtyard. Cost of the meal is a little high, but we understood we were in a tourist town and the location by the river and quality of food made it worth while.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I'd read reviews of Cava and was looking forward to a nice dinner there. The food wasn't bad, but I wasn't overwhelmed by it by any means. The setting is nice - a building on the other side of the river from the old city, and the outdoor space was pleasant. One aspect of the outdoor dining that should be rectified however: open trash bins just outside the kitchen and about 15 feet from where me and my friends were sitting.

Service was fine.

The prices are not inexpensive for Hoi An; perhaps that's why I had higher hopes for Cava. A great deal of potential there, however.