“Nice food”

CAVA Restaurant & WineCafe
Ranked #153 of 788 Restaurants in Hoi An
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Description: Dine in the Chefs House. Great food with Wine as an essential part. Vietnamese/Western Seafood and Tapas. Relaxed and Quite surroundings off the beaten track.
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“Nice food”
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Ate hear on our penultimate night in Hoi An after a glowing review in Rough Guide.

Had the calamari and shrimp for starter - delicious. Shrimp curry for main course was tasty, but not incredible. Though you did get a generous portion of huge shrimp which were great. Also the curry came with Tamarind paste which spiced it up a little.

The restaurant was lacking in atmosphere a little. It's also slightly more expensive than some of the other restaurants in Hoi An which I don't think is necessarily reflected in better food.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Wonderful Calamari and nice atmosphere”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I had the seafood platter for one and my wife had the Chicken Gorgonzola. We both really enjoyed our dishes. We had the calamari as an appetizer and it was some of the best I've ever had. I was pleased to have more calamari one the seafood platter. The shrimp and clams were also very tasty. We went during a week night and it wasn't very crowded at all. Service was good and we had a really nice time. The outdoor seating was very scenic, but a bit dark. Lovely tropical plants around the outdoor courtyard. Cost of the meal is a little high, but we understood we were in a tourist town and the location by the river and quality of food made it worth while.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Not bad, not great”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I'd read reviews of Cava and was looking forward to a nice dinner there. The food wasn't bad, but I wasn't overwhelmed by it by any means. The setting is nice - a building on the other side of the river from the old city, and the outdoor space was pleasant. One aspect of the outdoor dining that should be rectified however: open trash bins just outside the kitchen and about 15 feet from where me and my friends were sitting.

Service was fine.

The prices are not inexpensive for Hoi An; perhaps that's why I had higher hopes for Cava. A great deal of potential there, however.

malaucene
“OK but you can find a lot better in Hoi An”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Went here attracted by the chalk board advertising the "sensational shrimp curry" and the sardines. No tables available for us on the al fresco terrace , so we elected to take a table upstairs on the balcony - turned out to be a bit sterile there + indifferent , unsmiling staff. Sardines were "off" , shrimp curry passable but thats about it. Pricy for an indifferent meal. You can do a whole lot better in this town.

Santa Barbara, California
“Pride of ownership”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I am surprised at the "bad" reviews. We were a group of five and had a wonderful experience. The restaurant was on the other side of the river, away from many of the "touristy" restaurants. There was a selection of Vietnamese dishes and several Mediterranean choices. We were served by a women who owns the restaurant with her husband, who I believe was Swedish. Service and atmosphere was wonderful. Yes, the price was a little higher than some restaurants but I feel the value was there.

• Visited February 2014