“Best day on Tour”

Tra Que Water Wheel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Located in the heart of the famous herb village, Tra Que Water Wheel restaurant is a rustic-designed, restored, traditional Vietnamese building. Here you can enjoy the beautiful surroundings while you watch the farmers at work tending their produce.
warwickshire
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Best day on Tour”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

As with most small groups we cycled from our hotel. On arrival we were dressed up in the traditional smock and conical hat and proceeded to the fields for digging, etc. After the farming our feet were then given a welcome soak and we then had a cooking lesson and the chance to make fools of ourselves!

Visited January 2014

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relax place to see”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

peaceful, beautiful countryside space. here you will enjoy the cool air of the green vegetables are nurtured by local people, observe them growing vegetables, cooking attendance with the making rice paper cake, learn how local dishes and lunch. the air was gentle and fun, unforgettable impression

Swindon, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Cant beat it”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We did a half day course on the 10th of February with Ngan. She was superb and couldn't be faulted in anyway, and she was one of the funniest people I met in Vietnam. My only regret is we were not there longer!

Ngan picked us up on the bikes and we headed down to the market ready for education before she tested us again back at the village. Its great to know what you are going to be cooking with even if you have some prior knowledge.

All morning she was making jokes and laughing away with us, I learnt a lot of techniques and tips along the way that I had never even thought about. The food we made tasted great, I was even more impressed when we were given the recipes at the end and also the vegetable cutter was a nice touch. I have just arrived back in the UK and once I can get my hands on a green papaya, I will be sending them pictures of my results. We were very well looked after by all of the staff, very friendly.

I think any trip to Hoi An should include a visit to the waterwheel. I would be back in seconds if I ever get the chance. Keep up the good work.

Sydney, Australia
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Great day with activities aplenty”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I had a great day at Tra Que. I would also suggest parents with young children would have a very enjoyable day.

We had a market tour, a farm tour and participated in farming activities. There was opportunity to ride a buffalo and a wonderful cooking class. Making our own rice paper and noodles was especially interesting.

After cooking we ate the scrumptious food we had just prepared.

I would especially like to thank Lily, her mother and the team for their first aid. Due to my clumsiness I burnt my hand. They immediately brought ice water and thanks to their swift first aid today I am in no pain and the burn has not blistered.

Great sampford
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Well organised and enjoyable day”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Enjoyed the 3 in 1 tour at Tra Que . Found the day to be varied , educational and fun . The food cooked via the cooking class was absolutely delicious and resulted in a wonderful lunch. I would say however that the day was quiet expensive ( you even get charged extra for a cold bottle of water they give you to sip throughout the day ! ) and as the day does finish by 2pm this is not really a ' day tour ' , more half a day . That said it is a very enjoyable day worth doing .