My wife and I recently spent 4 nights at the Vinh Hung 3 Hotel.
Our stay was most enjoyable, thanks largely to the lovely staff who were very welcoming, friendly and helpful.
- The hotel was well located, close to many restaurants and an easy 5-10 minute walk to the river and Ancient part of town
- As mentioned above the staff were fabulous, always greeting us with a smile and "good morning", "good evening" etc. I'm sorry I cannot remember all the staff names but a special mention to Emily, Meekay & Andy at reception. Congratulations on the professional way you run the hotel - it is a credit to you and everyone else involved.
We were also given a welcome drink on arrival and two bottles of water as we checked out which was much appreciated. Two chocolates were also left on our bed each day - a nice touch!
- good, filling breakfast (tasty spring rolls, egg station, baguettes, juices, jam, toast, fruit, tea and coffee) in spacious dining area on the ground floor.
- pool on the 4th floor which was very refreshing after a hot days sight seeing.
- Clean, good sized room, with comfortable (albeit firmish) beds, and most effective aircon
- enclosed shower with good hot water.
- Free in room computer worked well
- relatively quiet location
- The building does not have a lift. Our room was on the 4th floor which certainly tested the legs.
- The room we were in (049) didn't have a balcony, unlike many of the other rooms
- It would have been nice to have curtains on a couple of the small bare windows to provide better privacy and keep the room darker in the mornings
- No complimentary bottled water provided each day
- had trouble getting WIFI reception in room, but in room computer made up for this
Transfer from the hotel to the airport was arranged through the hotel and cost 330,000 VND
We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone else, and hope to make it back ourselves one day.
Tip: You gotta try the "Fresh" beer served at several of the restaurants in Hoi An. It is cold and a good drop and at 3000VND ($AU0.14) a pot it doesn't come in better
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vinh Hung Library Hotel is proud to offer 26 spacious, elegant and contemporary Asian designed rooms, artfully decorated with dark woods and local craftwork. Renovated in 2014, our hotel now incorporates a library of books our guests can relax with and enjoy. Each of our delightful rooms offer air conditioning, complimentary in room WIFI, flat screen cable TV and a marble tiled bathroom complete with monsoon shower! Some rooms have balconies. Located in the heart of beautiful Hoi An, a mere 5 minute stroll from the old town and the famous Ancient Japanese Covered Bridge. Relax by the only roof top swimming pool and sundeck in town and take a refreshing dip overlooking the rooftops of Hoi An. If you want to escape the town for the day, Cua Dai and An Bang Beaches are within easy reach, a 10 minute ride away, just ask at reception to arrange a taxi (car or motorbike!). Bicycle rental is available at the hotel. A buffet style breakfast is served daily in the dining room. Airport transfers and tours can be arranged by the hotel, and the travel desk can advise you of onward travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vinh Hung Library Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.