“Okay, but expensive for what you get”
Review of Thien Nga Hotel

Thien Nga Hotel
Ranked #112 of 156 Hotels in Hoi An
“Okay, but expensive for what you get”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a bit dark, not very atmospheric place. The tap water was brown one day! The bed was hard. Hotel laundry service was expensive. There was no swimming pool. The whole place seemed pretty emtpy of tourists.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
New York
Reviewed August 25, 2013

hotel is located 5 minutes walking from city center. Rooms are quite big, clean all with balcony. Breakfast is included in the price. We paid 25$ for a double room which is good considering that Hoi An is not the cheaper city in Vietnam. Staff is also friendly and helpful. I would suggest the hotel for sure!

Room Tip: ask for a room with garden view. It cost 5$ more but the view is incomparable
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Pros:

- My girlfriend and I arrived at this hotel and were greeted very warmly by the gentleman at the front desk. Without going into detail, he was great.

- The breakfast next morning was fantastic.

After, things went downhill fast.

Cons:

- We were put up in the attic room; a nice room but with a tiny window and no balcony (and ants). I asked to be moved to a balcony room or for a discount (we were being charged the full room rate). Long story short, after a few hours in the morning and some "unpleasantness", we were moved to a balcony room.

- The next morning, my girlfriend and I woke up with over 20 bites all over our legs :(.

- Breakfast, which should end at 10, ended at 9:45. Without anyone asking us if we were finished, our plates were taken away and everything packed up (and the entire atmosphere felt unfriendly).

- Upon checking out, we were practically yelled at for forgetting a jar of pickles in the fridge. We did not feel welcome to come back.

Would not stay again!

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We based here for two weeks. Binh and Ahn on the front desk were efficient & v friendly. One day the air con in a next door room was noisey, once told it was fixed in a couple of hours. 'Jam' runs bikes/motorbikes ouside to the immediate right of hotel. Use her - honest and friendly. We had a room overlooking the 'garden'. This is a field of morning glory and it was wonderful to wake up and watch the pickers each day. Balcony was huge, tv/dvd, hot water flask, fridge, good beds, bathroom fine plus good breakfast - all for walk-in price of $30.00 for twin/double. Location is fabulous - less than 10 minutes walk to the Japanese Bridge, resturants and waterfront. Palmarose spa 2 minutes down the road, Morning Glory resturant 10 minutes walk away.

Room Tip: Spend a little more and have a 'garden view'.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Alice Springs, Australia
Reviewed July 25, 2013

A great price, good room, good facilities, the free breakfast is one of the best you get.
Very comfortable room, tv, mini bar, good bathroom facilities, good air con.
Location is very close to the tailors in Hoi An, an experience in itself. It feels very genuine and a wonderful place to go

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I booked in for two nights but I was woken up the next day tht I had to check out because they had reservation. I aske if I was goin to be moved to another room and they said no that I had to leave the hotel. They charged me full price for the room and made jokes at me in Vietnamese not realizing that I have lived there for quite a while. They weren't even sorry for te inconvenience they had caused me. To them it was normal. Don't bother going here except you can turn a blind eye to useless people.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank World_traveller3110
Pinjarra, Australia
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Were in our early 60’s. Our prerequisites and not necessary in this order are; Location; (√) clean; (√) quiet; (√) Wi-Fi; (√) being able to communicate with staff. (√). Location is great, just a 5 minute walk to the river front and the old quarter with great restaurants. The beach is 4km away. Very clean. We were not bothered by any noise, but we were on the 1st level. Had Wi-Fi in the room and the staff spoke good English and were extremely helpful, friendly and pleasant at all times. 2 very minor negative was the lump of rubber that was the pillow, but the mattress was great and the towels were getting close to their use by date, being a bit thin and short. Breakfast had a good choice of fruit and cooked fresh food. On the last day, I wished they had a pool, but you can’t have everything when you are travelling on a budget! I would stay there again, should I visit Hoi An again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple