My husband and I stayed at Hoa Binh Hotel for 3 nights during our four week trip through Vietnam. It was a fine hotel. For the price you can do worse.
- Nicely appointed room (it's got style!)
- Good (and reasonably priced) tour of My Son = $8 plus $5 site admission per person for bus there, tour, lunch, boat back, tour of woodcarving village
- Nice staff
- Hard bed
- Rooms are smaller than most for the price point
- The comforter had lots of stains and looked like it had not been laundered. Stained (but clean) sheets. Slightly smelly pillow.
- No separate shower area (just a showerhead and a drain in a corner of the bathroom)
- Breakfast was not great (although free)
Although we didn't have problems with the staff ourselves, on the last day we heard the lady at the front desk hasseling another guest for not booking a tour through the hotel. This isn't that unusual for Vietnam, but it is annoying. She was also very insistent when checking out that we right a good review for Tripadvisor (whoops!)
To sum up, a perfectly fine option. Not going to blow your mind.
- Also Known As:
- Hoa Binh Hoi An