Hoa Binh Hostel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsan indoor swimming poolomelettes and pancakeshot waterbuffet breakfastfree beerold townsingle roomclean roomsnoodlesstayed here for nightscentral locationlaundry servicevietnamese foodfree of chargehoaactailor
Reviewed November 27, 2012

After traveling throughout South East Asia for a month I found this hotel really good value for the money we paid. We had a transfer from the train station organized, our bus ticket and train tickets for the next two stops ordered for us for a reasonable commission and a day trip to myson booked. I thought the day trip was good value and worth it..even though the bus was 30mins late picking us up and did not return us directly to the hotel (Hoi An is small so this is not really an issue)
The reception and ladies that work there are really lovely and make this hotel a 5 rating in my opinion, the most friendly staff I have meet during my travels, always smiling, asking how we slept, if we were alright, etc. The manager is knowledge and personable, has good English and is clear when communicating about trips and prices. She also gives a map out to guests when they first arrive and explains the quick 5 min walk to the center of Hoi An, etc. There are some staff who struggle with English but the more experienced staff will step in if needed without hesitation. When we were deciding what to have for our free breakfast we were even told.."have as much as you want, have the pancakes as well, a juice, you can have the whole thing!" I thought this was pretty outstanding, offering the entire menu! Even if she was joking! :) We also ended up eating far too much for breakfast!!
Our room was good, we had a balcony, a nice bath tub, enough hot water, t.v worked well (reasonable reception), wifi in room (works well, no cutting out)
A few extra touches- well stoked reasonably priced mini-bar, free bananas in room every day and a free small water when we checked out!
The hotel does have a pool but I doubt it gets used often, its in a strange very public location, although, had it been more hot, I would have used it regardless!
We did eat here for lunch once and it was nice, cheap and filling. There are so many places to eat out in Hoi An that are stunning and amazing so its not necessary to eat in hotels anyway.
I would come back here and recommend to everyone. I even handed out there business card to a couple I meet on another tour in Hanoi a week after staying there

I

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the bottom floor, try get one with balcony... Our room did have a leak from the ceiling in the corner but it was no bother to us
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stay in a single room at $18 with Breakfast which I beleive for Hoi An is a good price !!!
Room had lots of very hot water, good a/c, fan, mini fridge, nice clean bathroom, free internet.
Compimentary bananas in room. I found the staff very helpful and friendly. Was met at the bus station and given free transport to the hotel. Good central location.Also has a small swiming pool. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights after arriving by bus from Hue, they supplied a taxi from the bus station as the rain was chucking it down! We paid USD20 a night which included breakfast (unlimited orders from the menu), use of the (very bleachy) swimming pool and free bananas and green tea!

Overall a pretty decent hotel in the lovely town of Hoi An.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed for two days in this Hoi An hotel. Not in the centre of the ancient town but only a few minutes away by walking.
We had a small room but it was very clean and fully equipped (AC, fan, fridge, TV).
The best of all were the staff, willing to answer every question, and breakfasts at their restaurant.
They sold us tickets for the open bus to Hue too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We were very pleased with the great value of this hotel. The rooms were immaculate, but small. WiFi was good and the pool was a big plus. Some of the staff spoke very good english and could help with tours and travel plans. However, we were rather disappointed by the large commission (300%!, from what we could gather ) for train fares. But all in all we thoroughly recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple