“Dont bother with this place”
Review of Hoa Binh Hotel

Hoa Binh Hotel
Ranked #114 of 147 Hotels in Hoi An
Hoi An, Vietnam
“Dont bother with this place”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Rude staff who tell you to shut up when they are trying to over charge you on room rates upon check out, over priced travel arrangements, ecsort you from bus station in Sun flower bus, however no choice to go to sun flower hotel. Small box rooms and a paddling pool as a swimming pool. ps - staff should were a sign saying please do not disturb, as they never want bothering or even crack a smile.

Room Tip: pay up front, not when you check out other wise the price will change.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
Feilding, New Zealand
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We had good room on the 4th floor for $10 a night with fan. The only thing that let it down was the service was a little slack in the resturant and when we checked out they somehow added an each 20,000vnd to the bill even though it was a simple calculation using a calculator. We went back later the mentioned this to them and they got out the bill again and they had since written the correct total on there. Makes me wonder if they were pocketing the extra money or a mistake they realised later. Not the first time this has happened to us either

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2011

They kindly ascort you from the bus station in "sunflower hotel" van, and the rooms seem decent $8 for double bed w fan. But the service is poor internet wouldn't load, wifi only on ground level not helpful when you are on the 4th level. Food not so great and the hotel staff quite rude, reason I disliked it so much wasn't the cockroach in my room but when I went to check out they said I hadn't paid for my previus night, the girl I paid was next to the main manager and said no you didn't pay when I did and then they tried to through extras costs on top and when I retaliated she said I was ripping her family off!! Quite rude and really wrecked te last part if my hoi an stay, finding be fooled find somewhere else

• Stayed November 2011
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We checked in before I checked the reviews here. As soon as I read them I freaked out but we stayed 4 nights without an issue.

The rooms are clean and large, $10 without AC for a double, $12 with AC. No wifi on the 4th floor but plenty in the lobby and around town. Breakfast/food in the hotel was cheap and tasty.

The staff were abrupt but not as rude as made out in the reviews. They called in a doctor for me and lent me the money to pay for the check up. We didn't use the pool or the computers so can't comment there.

If you are expecting 5 star treatment don't stay here but this is a great budget option.

• Stayed November 2011
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2011

We didn't stay at this hotel for the swimming pool but because it was a reasonable price and room as we're generally cautious about pools that we're not sure are properly maintained, ie chlorinated and regularly cleaned. One day we noticed that the staff were dipping buckets in the pool and emptying them on the side, not sure if this was their regular method of maintaining hygiene or just a one off. A couple of times we spotted rats running about on the ground floor and then one evening we came back late to discover a rat taking a swim in the pool! When it saw us it legged it out and scurried away. When we checked out the following day we mentioned this to the staff but unsurprisingly their attitude was just "There are lots of rate" and a dismissive wave of the hand. My boyfriend tried to point out that this wasn't good when people are swimming in the same water but they weren't interested. So please be warned - don't come here for the pool unless you want to risk getting Weil's Disease or some other rat transmitted illness.
Staff were generally pretty unfriendly. However, we found that the room was pleasant and clean. Unfortunately the plug didn't work in our sink so that water didn't drain away unless I manipulated the plug with an instrument from my manicure set, that is. The balcony was shared which I didn't realise until my boyfriend spotted our neighbours sitting on it while our curtains were wide open and I was resting in full view on the bed with nothing more than my drawers on - oops! Due to balcony doors and floor to ceiling windows, abeit with wooden shutters, it did tend to be a bit noisy at times but there are probably better insulated rooms elsewhere. It was mainly drunken tourists that kept us awake - well one night only.
Oh yes, and the hotel opens onto 2 different roads and one is locked at night so make sure you know how to find your way to the unlocked one as the staff don't bother to warn you.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed November 5, 2011

After having to leave the Vinh Hung 3 after 1 night due to my very late booking and the hotel being booked out for one night the staff directed me across the street to the Hoa Binh Hotel. Luckily they had a vacancy and for $14 a night I was very impressed. As a 50 year old solo traveller it was nice to see what the real budget travellers were experiencing. A very clean, well managed hotel with plenty of comforts. I had a room with opening windows, air-con, tv, minibar, bathtub and a comfortable queen sized bed. Outstanding. The staff were extremely accomodating and the value for money was awesome. Restaurant, bar, pool etc... were well appointed. Great vibe, enjoyed the stay.

Mark S. Sydney Australia

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Pamplona, Spain
Reviewed October 29, 2011

The hotel is normal,rooms frpm 10 dolars,with a great swimming pool. The hotel is well located,5 minutes from the old town. Everything is quite good except the staff. Rude staff,when you want to speak with the receptionist you always have the sense that are disturbing her. Talking(is a way to say it..)to you while eating and don't try to find any ingormationfrom her

• Stayed October 2011