“Highly recommended, great value for money”
Review of An Huy Hotel

An Huy Hotel
Ranked #123 of 156 Hotels in Hoi An
Amsterdam
“Highly recommended, great value for money”
Reviewed June 3, 2009

Perfectly located in the old quarter, I found this charming little boutique hotel (only 15 rooms I believe). The rooms are attractively priced starting at USD 28 for a one-bed room with airconditioning. The hotel is clean and attractively designed. I love the staff, they are incredibly friendly and will do everything to make your stay as pleasant as possible, to help you with planning your tours or trip, to handle your reservations, etc. It was so good to be welcomed with a warm smile at the reception that I prolonged my stay with an extra two days. Of course the lovely city of Hoi An also helped.

I would recommend the An Huy hotel to anyone and prefer it above every luxury hotel I've staid in Vietnam.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I've visited Hoi an 5 times now and stayed at An Huy 3 times. The staff are just lovely. I have read some of the less favourable reviews of this establishment and really cannot reconcile them with my experience. Yes there is noise from the neighbours sometimes, but I have that problem at home as well ! Anyone who travels to Vietnam without earplugs is not thinking clearly. Also can't fault the breakfast. I'm an 85 kg Australian male and I'm an expert at eating. A couple of times I couldn't finish all that was offered. Location is great and they'll pick you up from the plane or the train. This place is not within a backpackers budget I suspect and that's fine, they're not really targetting that group. For as long as I return to Hoi An, I will stay nowhere else.

One last thought, which applies generally in Vietnam. Treat your hosts with respect, and they will reward you many times over. I've met my share of ugly tourists over the years and they typically rate places like Vietnam poorly. My only hope is that in the interests of Vietnam and its most charming people, they don't bother returning.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Melbourne
Reviewed April 30, 2009

We stayed at the An Huy hotel for two nights and we had a great time. The service was friendly and attentive, without being pushy.
We had a spacious family room for our family of four, with two double beds. Very clean, quite and comfortable. It had a little balcony where we could sit and read.
It was in a great position, close to the market and to the river.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
pr
Reviewed April 5, 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at An Huy hotel.
Good location. The staff was very gracious and helpful.
All you need is here. Good recommendation!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 28, 2009

This place is in a great spot, on a quiet street but close to the market, near the river. It had a decent breakfast, particularly if you could sweet-talk them into serving you more than the one drink/one plate technically on offer. The dining area in the lobby was cool and dark, or you could sit on the front porch (which was hotter but more interesting). Two computers in the lobby for Internet. Oddly enough, though our room was very small and quite tired, and the maid seemingly did nothing to it except pull the sheets up and exchange one set of grey towels for another (we had to ask for new sheets after 4 days), we stayed 6 nights and felt right at home. Staff were pleasant though (like everyone else in town) really wanted to sell tours. Generally their attitude was a sort of benign indifference but if you needed something they'd come through. At US$29 it seemed like decent value for central Hoi An (and they actually took my credit card though plus a 3% fee). Decent rental bikes and mopeds available through the hotel. There is a rooster in back, I think, but our room was on the side and it was fine from a noise pov.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Hoi An
Reviewed January 19, 2009

The hotel which is down the street from the lovely looking Ha An(which was booked out to our dismay) is basic, cheap($28USD) and is close to town - the room had a nice bed and a basic bathroom which flooded a couple of times though did the job.

The hotel staff weren't very friendly at all during our stay and didn't give us any help in getting to Nha Trang - only the staff really made our stay unpleasant, other than that it was a good hotel for the price.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Grants Pass, Oregon
Reviewed January 18, 2009

We showed up and there was no room for the first night. We came back for the next 3. The room was spotless, the bathroom nice (shower curtain and tub!), breakfast fine and very friendly, gracious staff. The decor of the common areas was pleasant and comfortable. The nicest place yet in VietNam. We have enjoyed the town and the hospitality at this hotel.

Stayed January 2009