“My favourite Hotel in Vietnam”
Review of An Huy Hotel

An Huy Hotel
Ranked #114 of 144 Hotels in Hoi An
Australia
“My favourite Hotel in Vietnam”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I travel to and from Australia to Hoi An for business several times each year. I love the An Huy Hotel in Hoi An. It is in a great location, in a quiet street near the market, on the edge of the old town.
This hotel has a great family feel, the staff are warm and welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. I have been helped with things from booking restaurants to travel to advice regarding local customs. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is delicious with the Banana Pancakes being my favourite.
Sitting on the front verandah having breakfast, watching the locals going to and from the market is one of my favourite times of day in Hoi An.
I would highly recommend the An Huy Hotel to anyone wanting a home away from home in Hoi An.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank AustraliaJanice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Thai first
Maine, New York
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We just had the pleasure of staying at the An Huy hotel. This is our second stay here and the hotel and staff are lovely. We stayed in an immaculate double room with a full size tub, which was a godsend after 3 weeks on the travel road! Breakfest was included in the price and was delicious. All of our onward travel was taken care of by the very professional staff. We could not have been happier with the location, cleanliness and hospitality of this hotel. Very highly recommended!
Denise W
York, Maine

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Denise W
York Beach, Maine
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Since 2005 i have been traveling to Cambodia and Vietnam, my final stop before my long journey to theUSA is Hoi An, Vietnam.
I adore the staff who will do whatever it takes to make our stay as pleasant as possible. There is nothing that the front desk staff and manager can not do, they book all the tours, flights, find the best kept secrets for restaurants and tailors. One day i was looking for a special tea and when i returned to the hotel there it was..one of the young ladies picked it up for me at the nearby market.
The rooms are comfortable,clean and spacious, the pineapple and banana pancakes are just so delicious. Many of my coworkers who have traveled to Hoi An have experienced the same warm and cozy feeling during their stay at the An Huy.
I was horrified to read the review by Jeremy B.
I am a world traveler, age 61, and I have never even been treated with as much respect and kindness at any other hotel anywhere in the world.
It's by far my FAVORITE!!!!
Frank Cappiello, York, Maine

Room Tip: i like my special room on 2nd floor. cozy and smaller.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank frank c
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 21, 2012

During the last 8 years I have been to Hoi An 11 times and the AnHuy Hotel has become "my home away from home".
It is in a great location near the Market, restauants and the river. The rooms are nicely decorated, comfortable beds
and very clean.
The owner and staff are warm, friendly, honest and helpful. They all make me feel like I am part of their " hotel family".
As an airline employee for a major airlines I have recommended the An Huy to many people and everyone has been more than satisfied and look forward to their next visit.
An Huy is definately the BEST!

Room Tip: I prefer the second floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sally F
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I'd advise anyone reading this post not to stay at the An Huy.

Initially it was fine with the normal pestering to book me train tickets, tours etc but I expected that from reading other reviews.

Today, I was screamed at twice by the manager for bringing back what was supposedly the wrong bike with no resolution then relayed to me. The reception staff are always in the back room on the computer. When I wanted to give in my key as I rushed out the receptionist just called out for me to put it away for her. I didn't know what to do and though it a bit strange to go and put it away myself so called for her to come and do it. She then told me how I had already stayed there for a night so should have learned by now how to put my own key away and that she has been busy all day and was sitting on the computer so I shouldn't have asked her to come and show me.

I was pretty surprised and the outburst and asked her if she realised I was the guest and she told me again how she had been busy. I asked to speak to the manager, she told me she didn't have one. Then I asked for her name, she told me she didn't have one. Then I said it was getting crazy and I wanted to leave the hotel but she and her manager who then came held my passport hostage until I paid for the extra night I wasn't going to stay at the hotel.

It was a crazy situation with all of them yelling and telling me I had just decided I wanted to leave and they had not done anything etc etc. Terrible terrible. Didn't not feel at all safe to leave my things there and so then left and lost the money for the night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Jeremy B

Travelers are raving about these Hoi An hotels

Chino, California, United States
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We travel to Asia a couple of times, and my favorite hotel is AnHuy Hotel. The hotel is near a quiet and smooth river that flows under a bridge. We stay there with many friends and family members. The staff always greets my friends and family at the door. I can't beleive that the hotel's price is only $28.00 for a night!!The restrooms are big enough, and the water is warm. The air in the room cools me down after a hot day outside. When I wake up in the morning, the day is very peaceful. The staff helps me book places to go, and they help me choose places for me to go. I also love it when I arrive, they take my motorcycle to the place where they store the motorcycles. My most favorite thing to order in the morning is coffee. I get to recieve coffee from the owner of the hotel. It is so special!! I RATE FIVE STARS!

Room Tip: You should choose room on the second floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
boston
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I trusted the manager with travel arrangements to cross border to Laos and it was a big mistake. Classic dump off at border and load you on local bus just like you read about in the travel books! After I booked with Tran I read some bad reviews on line for the travel outfit she booked me with - Camel - so I went back to talk to her and she assured me would be fine, they had some management issues but all resolved. Ha! And she knew I was traveling alone. I paid for VIP tourist travel and ended up on a local bus packed with cargo, no aircon and rats (one ran across my leg). It was an adventure I don't regret, the local passengers were quite nice, but I would much rather have paid the $1 or $2 the bus actually cost, ha ha. Someone made money on my ticket, and I suspect she was one of them. I gave her the benefit of the doubt, thought maybe she didn't know, and wrote her an email when I returned home but never received an answer. So, nice place and good location but I would much rather stay where I could trust the management.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
#54 of 144 in Hoi An
Thanh Van Hotel
Thanh Van Hotel
#68 of 144 in Hoi An

Been to An Huy Hotel? Share your experiences!