“charm and relaxed care, hand over your worries”
Review of An Huy Hotel

An Huy Hotel
Ranked #127 of 162 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed May 29, 2011

We do 10 days Hoi An every year and the last 5 of these we returned to An Hui hotel in 30 Phan Boi Chau St., where trustworthy staff and proprietor make us feel genuinly welcome without the professional syrup. We enjoy the boutiquey setting and the gorgeous people enough to have thought twice to write a comment for all to read and maybe be responsible for unappreciative people to show up on our account, but then, that is nonsense too, so lets share. Furthermore, all the well advertised historic sites of Hoi An are in easy walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed March 30, 2011

Nice enough hotel right in the town on a quiet street and a short stroll to the 'old town area’ Hoi An is a very safe place to walk at night.

Breakfast was basic but nice. I would recommend to friends as it is in an old building which is a nice feel. Not sure for a romantic stay, but good for solo traveling.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2011

The hotel as per my title was very mediocre.... the only thing I really liked about it was the location. Apart from one of guys that worked there I didnt find the staff that friendly or helpful (compared to other places I had stayed in Vietnam).... The breakfast choices were limited and you actually had to decide what you wanted the evening before. To be honest I hadnt even eaten my dinner yet so deciding on breakfast was a diffcult one, what if i wanted tea instead of coffee when i woke up the next morning?!? The rooms were dull and had a damp feel and smell to them. Overall I wouldnt recommend this hotel to any of my family or friends.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 8, 2011

We booked this hotel on the advice of a lonely planet review. It is a cute place in a quiet street just three minutes walk to the market and a comfortable relaxed walk to all other major sites. the room we had 202 was of a good size, furnished in period furniture with double doors that opened onto a small balcony that looked onto tiled roofs. I didn't mind the tiled roof view, it was "quaint". Breakfast was modest and delivered with an air of disinterest. We sat on the balcony at the hotel enrtrance for brekkie one morning which was pleasant as the dining area was a bit dark and dingy. My main criticism was the general cleanliness of our room. the bed side lights were both broken with shades on an angle and nothing looked like it had been wiped down, remotes tv, bed side table all had a layer of dust on them. The bathroom has seen better days.DIrty cracked grout. If the owners spent less time on the internet in the foyer and more time making the rooms "spotless" as described in their brochure and on lonely planet it would be a great little hotel. It's not that hard to keep a place clean. The redeeming feature was the rate which made the cleanliness thing tolerable.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank edieSydney
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I arrived in Hoi An without a booking, so I had to try many hotels (full, or too expensive). I finally took a room at the An Huy Hotel. At first, everything looked OK, average, but OK. Yes, it is a bit dusty, the towels are grey and there is not much hot water. But the room was well decorated, it was quiet, I slept well and it was cheap. But I think the staff is highly unprofessional. They boss you around, they tell me very rudely to choose my breakfast in advance, they ask me where I'm going, what I'm doing (not that they are concerned, they always wanted to sell me something), there is a wide range of rules and regulations posted everywhere, there is a price list of everything in the room if you break anything, and overall they are always taking this agressive tone of voice with you. At my age (near 50), I don't feel like beeing treated that way and it's too bad, the hotel has great potential but I would not go back.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2011

Interior looks good, BUT the rooms have an overpowering musty smell - it cannot be ignored. The bed was damp because of the dampness of the rooms. There was limited hot water. When we said we would only stay for one night the service went from mildly friendly to openly hostile. Breakfast was a joke, not fresh or tasty and you have to decide the night before what you want to eat the next morning. On the same road with the same great location, we found a cheaper and much better hotel, opposite the banana cafe. Don't waste your money here.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed January 25, 2011

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at or even seen. The staff were disgraceful, you literally had to haul them away from the computer/tv/chatting with eachother if you needed any assistance. The room was dirty, there was dust and grime all over the floor and it just felt unclean. Our towels and bed sheets were grey in colour and the shower was brown and growing mould on the shower curtain. Our bed was wet from what seemed like mildew. In all honesty it was actually a disgusting waste of money.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple