“Great baguette for lunch!!”
Review of The Cargo Club

The Cargo Club
Ranked #91 of 777 Restaurants in Hoi An
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: European-style cafe, restaurant and patisserie. It is owned and managed by Ms Vy (Trinh Diem Vy) who is also the owner and operator of Mermaid Restaurant, Morning Glory Restaurant and The Market Restaurant and Cooking School in Hoi An.
Perth, Australia
“Great baguette for lunch!!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Had a delicious egg and vegetable baguette for lunch....was so filling and tasty! Bread was really fresh and crunchy! Would highly recommend! My husband and I split an awesome eclair for dessert!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
London, United Kingdom
“The male waiter is exceptionally rude”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

We visited this place a couple of times and enjoyed the food. It wasn't sensational western food, but it was a good attempt. We enjoyed the vegetarian lasagne, tuna panini and the a couple of the deserts. The passion fruit pavlova was excellent.

On our final visit my food was poor. It wasn't exactly what was ordered and it didn't taste very pleasant. When the waiter came round to ask if we were enjoying our meals I told him that the food wasn't very nice and that is why I was not eating it.

The waiter responded by telling me: 'My chef is from Italy. You do not like the food because you haven't got an Italian mouth. You don't know how it should taste.'

To insult me, after I was already upset about having a dreadful meal on our last afternoon in Hoi An was just horrible.

I appreciate there is a language barrier and things can get lost in translation. However I believe this man was simply rude - as after insulting me, he walked off without saying another world or asking if I'd like anything else instead.

He did finally ask if I'd like to swap my food to another version of the same meal. However, as we'd already asked for the bill and my partner had finished his own meal some time ago, I declined. The waiter ignored me, picked up my plate and walked off.

The waitress that brought the bill did not charge us for my meal. She also was very polite and apologised.

Occasionally food isn't great, I understand that. But having a man tell you that you are incapable of knowing whether something does or doesn't taste nice is absolutely appalling, embarrassing and upsetting.

Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The BBQ pork rib in Honey with pickled vegetables and Rice was perfection. The meals are generous and well priced. The drinks are also good especially the iced coffee.

• Visited June 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Lovely food. Great staff.”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had a delicious dinner on the balcony of this place. Had spring rolls with a mango salad which was amazing. For mains I had this fish noodle stir fry which was delicious. Think it was called Cha ca. The staff were lovely too. Would highly recommend.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank malitia
Launceston, Australia
“Better restaurants in Hoi An”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Went last night as on waterfront thought it was ok but not exceptional.
Service was very good,thought the tables for two are too close.I know they want to pack as many people in as they can but it cuts the intimacy factor when dining that close. Menu very big could fine tune it and a bit expensive but that is what you expect for location,location.

Visited June 2014