“Absolutely amazing dessert”
Review of The Cargo Club

The Cargo Club
Ranked #107 of 880 Restaurants in Hoi An
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Description: European-style cafe, restaurant and patisserie. It is owned and managed by Ms Vy (Trinh Diem Vy) who is also the owner and operator of Mermaid Restaurant, Morning Glory Restaurant and The Market Restaurant and Cooking School in Hoi An.
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I came to this restaurant & coffee shop via recommendation on a local forum and the shop didn't not disappoint me at all.

The shop is very nicely decorated, simple, spacious but cozy. Upstairs is mostly for dining with view towards streets & the river.

Desserts are amazing and very reasonably priced. You can try quite a big piece ranging only USD1-2/piece with guaranteed quality. It was really up to middle-high standard, nothing local. I tried opera and passion mousse, light and mildly sweet. The other day I tried their home-made ice-cream, USD1.1/large scoop. I would recommend trying the lemongrass flavor.

Staff is very nice and friendly. Definitely my most favorite choice in Hoi An next time.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,148)

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We first stopped by the Cargo club on a rainy miserable day but were instantly cheered up by the insane array of delicious cakes for sale in the entrance area. The cakes were delicious (we had several over a few days!) The service was much faster than a normal vietnamese restaurant.

There are a few different seating areas, outside the front, inside and up on the top floor with views over the river. It has a beautiful rustic feel just like the rest of Hoi An. I had the entree of falafels and even though it was small it was packed with flavour and some of the best falafels i've had. The other meal i had was a spinach, pumpkin and feta pie - the fries were crispy and golden, the salad was delicious that came with it and not swimming in dressing and the pie was crusty and very tasty.

They have an enormous menu so you won't be disappointed, trust me - get the cake. any cake.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Cargo has 2 seating areas - one on the ground floor looking out to the street and is a cafe type area and the top floor restaurant which has a great balcony area overlooking the river. The menu is varied with western and Vietnamese dishes of which we chose a Vietnamese seafood platter which was beautifully cooked and plentiful. Definitely one of the best meals that we had in our tour of Vietnam and extremely well priced as well. It has a number of desert dishes available but after our main course we simply didn't have room for anything else.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stumbled on this place and can't say a bad thing! I wished we had found it earlier, amazingly big menu and everything from starters to desert were amazing!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I went to Cargo twice; once for a latte and a dessert, and once for breakfast. Both times, I felt like a happy and valued customer at a high quality establishment, that takes their service and their food very seriously.
Their breakfast is a great deal at 84k VND with coffee and fresh squeezed juice. As well, their specialty coffees and chocolate mousse was absolutely incredible. You can choose to sit and look out at the river, or watch the street from the other side of the restaurant.
I also appreciated the signs encouraging people to not buy from children sellers, or any sellers at all, as it showed that they are trying to be responsible members of the community. All in all, highly recommend.